Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Martell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2010, 04:18 PM
    Are degrees from Corllins University legal?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2010, 04:49 PM

I don't know what you mean by legal - are you asking if it's accredited?
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Sep 14, 2010, 04:59 PM

A quick check on the web would have given you something like this:

Corllins University – The Place for Effective Learning & Education

Their site says, yes, they are accredited. Now, does that mean where you live will accept that degree from them? I do not know. That is a question for your state's higher education board.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 14, 2010, 06:26 PM

The issue is who is doing the accredition. Many places have accreditation though many agencies that are not recognized by the US Dept of Education. This school does not appear in the US to be recognized by them.

Please understand the term "legal" in some states, I could start my own school by merely incorporating it with the state, no requirements. And guess what, I then could start my own accreditation group ( another corporation to set up) and I could claim my school accredited by some group.

** this is very common, not saying this school did that, but many do.

I was over a Church School for over 10 years, we were never accredited so the degrees not really valued outside of church groups of that denomination.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is your opinion of the University of Phoenix online degrees? [ 2 Answers ]

While the University of Phoenix appears to have the right credentials and qualifications, I would like to know exactly what the people who do the hiring think of applicants who have degrees from the University of Phoenix. I do not want to put money and effort into something that will do nothing...

What do you know about Corllins university [ 7 Answers ]

I was approved for master degree in Computer information Tecknology fom Corllins university. And all what I have to do is paying 524 $ and waite less that 10 days and I will get the certicate Is this true or a big scam??

View more questions Search