Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mom4two Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 08:32 PM
    Last row of laminate floor does not lay flat
    We can not get the last row (2.5 inches wide) to lay flat. The piece does not snap in. We are using a Shaw laminate that is approx. 7.5 in wide and 47.5 in long. We have tried using a mallet and bar to no avail. Is there a trick that we are not using? Should we trim off the bottom part that snaps in and use some sort of glue?
    PGerard Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 08:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mom4two
    We can not get the last row (2.5 inches wide) to lay flat. The piece does not snap in. We are using a Shaw laminate that is approx. 7.5 in wide and 47.5 in long. We have tried using a mallet and bar to no avail. Is there a trick that we are not using? Should we trim off the bottom part that snaps in and use some sort of glue?
    You are obviously not in a good position to apply pressure towards the grooved edge because you are so close to the wall. Try using a flat nail bar against a piece of wood to protect your wall. By doing this, you can apply strong pressure towards the wall, and the flat bar will exert an equal pressure in the opposite direction. Let me know how it goes

Pat.
    JaiJaiW Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 06:02 PM
    I am far from being a professional at laying laminate flooring but I did just finish a 12x12 bedroom with "snap in" laminate. The instructions included with the brand that I purchased required figuring the number of rows of planks that would fit into the room and required that first and last rows be a certain width in order to lay flat. If I remember right, it was 4 inches. This may be why your 2 inch row won't lay down, just too small.

Jaimie

PS... another thought just came to mind... by some chance did your last row pieces get turned around and you are trying to insert the "groove" into "groove" or "tongue" into "tongue"?
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Jan 1, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Remove the last 7.5" piece and snap the 2.5" piece into that 7.5" piece, then take that (10") piece and snap it into the second to last 7.5" piece.
    Spj180 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 09:26 AM
    I'm laying tongue & groove laminate & the 3rd row will not lay flat. The 1st 2 rows are flat & when I add the 3rd row it becomes unlevel. The pieces are snapped together well.
    pattyg2 Posts: 480, Reputation: 27

Feb 10, 2010, 07:03 PM

Is the floor level?? Have you tried another piece? Maybe the board is warped.
    PatcyMcn Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2010, 03:45 AM

Make sure you have a 1'4 inch space left for expansion. This gets covered with shoe molding later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate floor help [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am new here but have a terrible problem with a laminate floor we laid about 18 months ago. We laid the floor on top of a well kept, still stuck, vinyl floor. Then the underlayment and then the laminate floor. This is in the kitchen Now here is my problem- in front of the sink,...

Laminate floor thickness? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning on installing laminate flooring on the second floor of my house. What laminate floor thickness should I be looking for? There's tons of deals on 7mm thick laminate, but I've been advised to buy 8mm and up only.

Laminate floor [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a pergo product over a vinyl kitchen floor, do I need to remove the vinyl to the wood sub-floor? Or can I install right on to the vinyl? Also do I have to use an underlayment since the kitchen is over the basement, no sound or moisture issues? I have been advised by both ways on this...

Inserting a row in Excel [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to insert a row and keep getting this error message that it cannot shift non blank cells off worksheet. I have never seen this before and never had a problem inserting a row, what do I do.

View more questions Search