Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jadedjade Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Sep 14, 2010, 12:13 PM
    Needed guys opinions (girls too!)
    Alrighty the reason I'm asking for guys opinions is cause I want to understand what this guy would want from me.. I was looking for some more friends and so found an argentinian guy on the website of a travellers magazine (dont worry I googled and facebooked him first before meeting)

So we met the other week and walked around the city a bit then went for a couple of beers, then on the weekend we went to a market together and then went back to his flat where all his agentinian flatmates were and had a couple of drinks then went home.. he's really nice and I'm kind of sensing that he might want to be more than friends but for me I really don't want a boyfriend right now

So guys is it possible that maybe he would just want to be friends? I don't want to be ignorant and hurt his feelings if he thinks there's something more
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2010, 02:08 PM

I don't get it. Why did you even search him out on the websites if you weren't hunting for something more?

You should have told him straight out (before your met) that you had no interest in a romantic relationship with him and only wanted to be friends.

In my opinion, he may be expecting more, so you need to tell him right away.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 14, 2010, 04:10 PM

If you don't want to be dating you need to tell him, in fact you need to make that clear when you meet up with a guy.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 14, 2010, 07:24 PM

Would you please be more detailed? You say you think that he wants something more, what happened or what was said that made you think this?

Stringer
    jadedjade Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Sep 15, 2010, 12:06 PM
    I checked him out on the web to see if he was an all right guy... and I met him cause I just moved to a new town and wanted to make some friends and I had said that on my post so I didn't ever really give the impression of something more..

Just wondering, would you guys meet up with a girl just on the basis of friendship or would you expect something more?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 15, 2010, 01:17 PM

Time will tell what he wants. It does seem likely that he wants to get to know you better to see where that leads, whether as friends or something more.

It's not that important what he wants at this point. It's more important to figure out what you want. If you only want a friendship with him, then treat him like you would any of your other friends. If he makes a move or confess his feelings, then be honest with him and let him know that you're looking to be friends.

You can't control what he's going to do in the future, but you can control the way you react to his advances.
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Sep 15, 2010, 02:58 PM

So what are you doing, playing games with this guy? You can't tell he is interested in more than just friends? Yes, men and women can be just friends. But if you have to ask about this case, then I think you know he wants more. Just don't lead the guy on.. I don't know what you were looking for, but if you play with fire, you will get burned. You're not interested in anything more than a friendship? Then I would suggest you lose his number. Either that, tell him exactly what you want, and let him make the decision.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 19, 2010, 01:43 PM

How dishonest that you didn't tell him before you met in public that it was friends only.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GUYS! Do guys like persistent girls? Do you like to be pursued? [ 13 Answers ]

I mean, wouldn't you like if the roles were switched? : ) Guys will keep trying to get with a girl they think is pretty, they don't give up! : P Wouldn't you like that?:p

Do guys tend to lose interest in girls more quickly if the girls are easily dated? [ 11 Answers ]

It seems like most of the guys that I have dated lost interest in me if we started dating fairly quickly and easily. It seemed to happen even more quickly once we were in a relationship and I asked if we could go out to certain events or see certain things. Then most of the guys that have asked...

Helpp me please need opinions girls and guys [ 5 Answers ]

I just broke up about a week ago read my other post for the whole story but the break down is that largely it was my fault cause I was very controlling jealous she was equally like this but I never cared for it and followed all her rules cause I loved her, but in the end she said we weren't...

Guys (or girls) opinions? Is it over? [ 1 Answers ]

OK, I have been getting to know a lad at work for around about a year, we really started to kick off but I think he felt more towards me than I did for him, after 3/4 months we were texting everyday and talking at every possible chance at work, still I did not feel the same way... it was about...

Guys Opinions Please [ 15 Answers ]

To all the guys... if you had a girl call you every day for months for business advice (truly) would you be irritated with her? I tried calling once or twice on a friendly basis but his married and I don't want any trouble... just business... (I mean we talk personal after business conversation...

View more questions Search