Ask
    brandt1064 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2010, 08:22 AM
    Coworker telling patient another coworker is not doing their job
    Is this a Hippa violation
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2010, 08:36 AM

No. It has nothing to do with violating the patient's rights, but might be a different kind of ethical problem. For instance, I would not complain to a library patron that one of my library coworkers is not doing her work correctly. It isn't the business of the patron to know that and should not be information I give her.

Also, if the patron observes my coworker not doing her job correctly and complains about it to me, I am not to comment and agree.
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Sep 14, 2010, 04:56 PM

It is an ethics violation, possibly even confidentiality - as employees are not to discuss their co-workers with clients/customers. It is cause for termination in the health care facility I work in.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 14, 2010, 06:27 PM

Yes, ( well issue if it is true and they can prove it), The employee should be reporting another employee if they are not doing things right. But this is not a violation that you asked about

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New job, cute coworker, do you think he could be interested in me? [ 3 Answers ]

I just started a new job and my first day I met a really cool guy. I'm 18, he's 24, he super outgoing and will talk to anyone but I got this feeling like he could have been attracted to me, or he could have just been being nice :/ He was showing me around the store, teaching me stuff and the whole...

Why is my coworker doing this? [ 2 Answers ]

I have only known my district manager for a couple of months and worked with him for a week about a month ago. Since then, I only talk to him on the phone once a week to go over reports. He was in the office last week and we spent the afternoon together on a project. He asked if I had a...

A female coworker coworker and husband to friendly at his work [ 2 Answers ]

This female coworker sends him filthy jokes, flirts with him, he is saying things about our personal home time to her , she has called him and he her , she doesn't even come over to talk to him when I am around. I am sure there is something going on. What do you think?

What does my coworker want from me? [ 7 Answers ]

Please help! I have a coworker that has been sending mixed signals for about a year now. We were friends a few years ago then I left the company. I came back and now I am confused. I don't know what to think. When I was there initially, we were good friends and joked around a lot. He even...

Should I ask out a coworker? [ 4 Answers ]

Over the last couple years I have become friends with a coworker (who is single). When he first started working here I was at the end of a relationship and not ready to explore new people. Now I'm ready to date again. I'm concerned that if I ask him out it could ruin a good working...

View more questions Search