Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rrickk Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2010, 06:59 PM
    How do I set my computer back to factory settings? I have windows vista
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 14, 2010, 02:33 PM

Depends on what you mean by factory settings. There are several ways depending on what you want to do. One is to change things back to "default". Another would be to reinstall everything "as new". What are you having a problem with?
    rrickk Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 09:00 AM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    I have over 600,000 files on my computer and it is running slower all the time. I have tried everything I know to get rid of them. Nothing has worked so I thougfht if I went back to the original way it was that would takw care of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to restore windows vista to factory settings? [ 5 Answers ]

I have HP laptop, windows vista 32bit and I want to restore it to factory settings, I don't have recovery cd, but I have recovery partition and used to be able to restore from startup by pressing F11, when recovery manager loads up, but now its just doesn't load up and when I press F11 nothing...

How do I restart my computer to factory settings [ 2 Answers ]

I have a toshiba and would like to know howto restart it to factory settings, some one added a password and now I cannot do anything with my own computer.

Reset computer back to factory settings [ 3 Answers ]

I was trying to clean up my computer and did a recovery. Now all my files are gone, it won't let me restore to a previous time and I can't even get online.

How Do I Reboot My computer to factory settings? [ 4 Answers ]

I want to reboot my computer, I've given up on trying to fix it, I own a laptop Hp pavilion dv4000. I have two disc that I think might be the ones I need but I am not sure, One is Application and Driver Recovery DVD I tried it but all it did was reinstall a bunch of programs, I want my...

Re set my laptop to factory settings [ 3 Answers ]

Hi can anyone tell me how to reset a laptop to its factory setting if you have none of the original discs all I have is the laptop and want to get rid of all the excess junk on it

View more questions Search