Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mattp Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 06:44 PM
    Pneumatic Nailer (Nail gun)
    I am looking into purchasing a nail gun and compressor to use for attaching molding and building furniture (toy chest, coat rack, etc.) Does anyone have a suggestion of what type of nail gun I should get for these types of jobs? Thanks

Matt
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2006, 07:06 PM
    There are many good Pneumatic nail guns, your first choice is to what size of nail you wish to use, and find the gun that offers the best range in the sizes you want to use.

Then are you doing this as a job or as a hobby,

Air Nailers | Air Tools | Northern Tool + Equipment
    PGerard Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mattp
    I am looking into purchasing a nail gun and compressor to use for attaching molding and building furniture (toy chest, coat rack, etc.) Does anyone have a suggestion of what type of nail gun I should get for these types of jobs? Thanks

Matt
    Hi. I use a Porter Cable Brad Nailer to do those things... I can use 1" to 2" brads in it and for building furniture pieces and affixing baseboards and framing, it works great and is fairly inexpensive.

Pat
    KCDave Posts: 61, Reputation: 5

Dec 29, 2006, 10:09 PM
    Check the local borg for the a Porter Cable combo. It comes with a pancake compressor and depending on the package one to three guns. If you plan to use the compressor for anything else, like painting you will want a bigger one.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Dec 31, 2006, 10:30 AM
    Look for the combo kits like KC said. I personally use Stanley guns and compressors on my jobs. Reason, got a deal on them.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

May 19, 2007, 11:28 AM
    It Trim Houses Every Day And The Best Ive Used Has Been Porta Cable, Ive Tried Dewalt And Though I Love There Tools The Guns Just Don't Hold Up.
    Paslode And Bostitch Are Also Good, Nichols Trim
    tinadole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2012, 08:43 AM
    I am looking for <a href="http://tensawmerchantoutlet.com/index.php/cPath/10_127_158">vertical smokers</a>. Anyone have any suggestions of where to find these?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2012, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tinadole View Post
    I am looking for <a href="http://tensawmerchantoutlet.com/index.php/cPath/10_127_158">vertical smokers</a>. Anyone have any suggestions of where to find these?
    How did we get from nail guns to charcoal smokers? Start new post under another topic.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2012, 10:09 AM
    Porter Cable 16 gauge and an 18 gauge for smaller work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nail Biter! [ 10 Answers ]

Hey everyone! I have a major problem! I'm a cronic nail-biter! I try so hard to quit but I just can't! Any suggestions??

Paslode framing nailer 900420 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Paslode 900420 framing nailer and wonder if anybody knows other brands of nails that will work with this gun. Paslode charges a lot more for their nail than Senco for instance. I'm looking for 3 1/4" nails Thanks, Jim

Need advice on which Framing Nailer to buy [ 1 Answers ]

My father and immediate family are buidling several houses in years to come, their just completing one now. He has asked me about framing nailers since he's still doing it the old fashion way and well - this is not so easy for a fella with a few miles on them ;) Can anyone give me some models or...

Pneumatic framing nailer issues. [ 2 Answers ]

No longer able to fire nails and wondered if plunger/striker is sticking because I failed to add oil in-line with the air supply? Used to be that when the magazine was empty the nailer would leave a huge dent in the wood where the nail should have gone. Unit is firing but no evidence the...

Nail Care [ 2 Answers ]

My nails are prone to grow ingrown and since it such an early stage as you can say I guess. Few sources suggests that I can treat it at home by the following: Soaking it in warm water twice a day. Trimming it straight  and smooth sharp edges with an emry board. Then elavate the nail and...

View more questions Search