Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emily_godzilla Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Dec 27, 2006, 06:30 PM
    10 day late period but negative pregnancy test
    I am ten days late for my period. It was due dec 17th or 18th. I had gotten them pretty regular the last two months about every 30 days. My boyfriend and I briefly had unprotected sex on Nov 26th and again on dec 26th but he pulled out and was not in there long- also he did not ejaculate. After that he put on a condom and we finished having sex each time. The condom was spermicidal. I have taken 4 tests- two early before period is late kinds-first response I took those on the 10th and 14th- they were negative. Then I took a digital walgreens brand one on the 22nd and one on the 26th they were also both negative. My breasts have been tender, the last week or two and also for the last two weeks I have been exhausted. I felt nauseous twice but did not throw up. Could I be pregnant? Or could this just be a thryoid problem? Normally we would not even worry about it being llate except for those two brief times we fooled around... We usually always use condoms this is the first unprotected sex we have had since I was off the pill. I stopped taking the pill almost 2 yrs ago. I should also mention I am bipolar and am on 4 different types of meds, two anti-depressants one anti-psychotic and one anti-convulsant. But I have been on the same combo and dose now for months... I am just really worried but I do have a gyn appointment next thursady for a regular pap smear test. Does anyone know what maybe going on here?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 27, 2006, 06:41 PM
    It is very possible that you are pregnant. The "withdrawal" method is not a form of birth control. See the penis also lubricates itself prior to ejaculation. The lubricant is still loaded with millions of sperm. So ejaculation is not necessary for pregnancy.

Make sure when you take a pregnancy test at home you use first morning urine since that has the highest concentration of the pregnancy hormone called hcg.

Dec 28, 2006, 06:21 AM
    J 9-
    Thank you-I did use first morning urine on the 26th. The other times I tested I did not. Is there anyway to get a negative test and still be pregnant? Or do you think it could be something different? Thanks, Emily Godzilla
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 28, 2006, 08:22 AM
    Home tests are known for more false negatives than false positives, so it is possible that you may be pregnant, only your doctor can tell you for sure.

Dec 28, 2006, 11:42 AM
    I think I am probably not pregnant but I was feeling nausea this morning so I called up my doctor's office-my medical-general one- and asked if I could get a blood pregnancy test. Then I went in and had it done. I should call tomorrow afternoon and get the results-hopefully it is negative but my boyfriend and I are prepared to handle it if it were positive-we would just see someone about changing my medications and plan on keeping the baby.

Dec 29, 2006, 08:23 AM
    Opps I am re-reading my first post- I meant to say we had unprotected sex on nov 26th and then on dec 1st! Not dec 26th-dec 26th I took my last urine test which was negative... I am waiting on the results of my blood test- I did call but they said to call back after 2pm and they also said they may not have the results till next tuesday- I may just go crazy by then... who knows? I f it still does not come in a few days I may buy another urine test. I still do not have it and it is like 11 or 12 days now.. I am not sure I am losing count- the last time I had one was either nov 17th or 18th. What is today?

The blood test was negative for pregnancy so my late period must be something else like perhaps stress. I will still keep my gyn apt next Thursday for my pap unless I get my period before then. Thanks for all your advice I should be fine-there is still no sign of it though.

By the way there is no chance of a blood test being wrong is there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help Confused Missed Period But negative Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am a little concerned (although I probably don’t need to be) and I am keen to hear some opinions from others. My last period started on the 14th November, it is now 45 days later and still no period. My periods normally come about every 30 to 35days(not too sure exactly as I haven’t...

Negative test but late... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, My husband and have been trying to conceive since may/june 2006, before that I had a miscarriage in April.. My last period was aug 7th and I am a very regular 29 days. Now I am 2- 3 days late . I took a hpt yesterday evening and the results were negative.. In the past month I...

Negative test [ 2 Answers ]

My period was due to start January 7th. My last one was December 10th. I have my period every 28 days. I was also due to start February 4th but didn't. I have taken six home tests that came back negative. I feel pregnant and I have all the symptoms of pregnancy. Anyone had this problem? Do you...

Help No Period But negative Test< What The? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I am a little concerned (although I probably don’t need to be) and I am keen to hear some opinions from others. My last period started on the 14th November, it is now 45 days later and still no period. My periods normally come about every 30 to 35days(not too sure exactly as I haven’t...

View more questions Search