Zone 1 PIR
    Zone 2 PIR
    Zone 3 PIR
    Zone 4 wireless door
    Zone 5 wireless door
    Zone 6 not used
    Zone 7 not used
    Zone 8 smoke

So when I first hooked it up it seemed to be working fine delay exit and entry so I finished programming it with selections we had chosen and the entry delay quit working. So I was resent everythign to default and started troubleshooting and I have it working until I add the 3rd motion detector. As soon as the zone 3 PIR (which is also the only one different of the 3) is connected I tested it and the entry delay is gone again. Any suggestion I have tried eerything I can think of. Please Advise. Thank you
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2010, 10:17 AM

The entry 1, entry 2, exit, and bell time is 1 string of digits,
    What zone is your entry and what do you have it programmed as, 01?
    If you are not using an alpha keypad, programming can be confusing, interpreting the leds.
    Did you Enroll the Keypads? Enable supervision?
    Marty70 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 07:23 PM

I assume ALL your zones are wireless? If so go into fields 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 108 and make sure number 8 is turned on. That is what actually turns on the wireless for the zones.
    Any time you make changes within the one attributes it's best to go back and double check the wireless zones are turned on.
    WVIC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2012, 09:59 AM
    A step by step an example on how to program exit delay in pcs power series pk5500.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2012, 10:22 AM
    You need installers code, and you use *8 CODE, not *6 CODE which is users.
    Can you get into programming and do you have the Manual.
    Then go to Location 005 and enter the String of digits which includes entry 1, entry 2, exit delay and bell cuttoff time.
    Can you get into programming ?
    Do you have the Installers Manual?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DSC PC 1832 programming troubles [ 9 Answers ]

Hi…I am currently replacing an old DSC PC 2525 home security system with a newer PC 1832. The trouble is… I am having difficulty even getting to first base programming this unit Is there someone on board who can walk me through this? This is what I have: 2 new keypads.. a pk 5501 at the...

Is there a way to reset master code on dsc 1832 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a DSC 1832 security system at my home but never got the master code from the installer who I have now lost touch with. I need to set the clock on my 5501 keypad and it appears that requires the master code. I have the installer code which is still the default code and I have my user code...

Entry delay not working on my new DSC 1832 [ 1 Answers ]

I installed and programmed a new 1832 panel. I set delay 1 at 30 sec, delay 2 at 45 sec and exit delay at 60 sec. The zone is set at delay 1. The exit delay works fine, but I get no entry delay at all. Alarm goes off as soon as the door is opened. Any ideas?

Trouble with DSC 1832 programming [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I have installed dsc 1832 security system . So far I have done good. But I can not solve my smoke detector problem . Smoke detector is FSA-410BT 4-wire . I have run cat5 wire for this connection . The reason is simply - I had left over cat5 . I have used Bro for 12v+ and BLU for GND....

Dsc 1832 resistor value [ 1 Answers ]

I have a DCS 1832 and I am getting intermitting open. The wires at the control panel are tightly secured. It could be a resistor problem and I am unsure of to what the resitor value should be for the zones. Can you help?

View more questions Search