Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adeel_Aftab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2010, 10:42 AM
    I can't concentrate on my studies?
    Hi!! I'm 19 years boy from Pakistan I was a very good student in my class but now I don't have any interest in my studies , I love to study but can't do that plzzzzz help me in great trouble plzz guide me I shall be very thank full to you or you can mail me on my id >Removed<...

Thanks
    kpg0001 Posts: 88, Reputation: 12

Sep 13, 2010, 11:05 AM

I was the perfect student until I hit puberty. Fortunately I'm semi-bright so I was able to drag myself through high school unwillingly with decent grades. It also helps that I am good at standardized tests. I'm in my third year of college and still struggle with my studies, not because the material is out of my grasp but because I have no drive to do it. With all of this said, I have found that there is no on or off switch when it comes to be "driven" by something. You either are driven or you are not(when it comes to your studies). What gets me through is the thoughts of my future and how what I am doing now will effect it. I took time off school and worked construction for almost a year and realized what I would be doing without an education. Every single person I worked with regretted not going to school and said if they could do it over again they would. Now I don't know you and what kinds of thing are in your life or even if you need an education to become successful(some have a more privileged upbringing than I), BUT I promise you if you can focus on an alternate goal that involves doing well in your studies besides just loving what you are learning, you will succeed in school. I didn't wake up this morning and say awesome I have to go to an Organic Chemistry lecture and then take a Calculus III exam. I said in a few years I am going to be making a lot of money if I take this stuff seriously. Hope it helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How I can concentrate in my studies? [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 20 year old boy. I am well in my studies. But now, I think my mind is diverting from my targets. I can't concentrate in my studies. I feel loneliness. My family is an atomic family. There are only 2 members including me. I am feeling lack of supports from others. I have only a few...

I can't concentrate how much I try! [ 8 Answers ]

Hey all! I am from india and I am now in 11th grade! I lost all my interest in my studies! I don't know what happened to me... I want to study but I cant! I got 80% in 10th grade, but now I am below average... Its so sad. My main distractions are computer games, music , etc! I tried to get...

I can't concentrate in my studies [ 1 Answers ]

I am 20 years boy I am doing my 3rd year degree. I am well in my studies. I am fall in love that's why I can't concentrate in my studies.I spent hrs to study for exam and forget all about it in minutes. How I can escape from this problem. How I can concentrate in my studies?

I can't concentrate on my studies [ 3 Answers ]

I can't concentrate not only on studies but not even on other things I am in seventh I lack encouraging friends whatever I think of doing I get bored of it and skip e.g. I think of studying ,study , get bored, think of taking notes, take notes, get bored, think of reading storybook , get bored...

I am good student but cannot concentrate on my studies now a days [ 0 Answers ]

I am a 19 year boy.I am a good student but now a day I cannot concentrate on my studies. So please help me.

View more questions Search