Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pjal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 06:07 PM
    Well pump pressure
    Hello My name is Al and I live in Ga. We just bought a home about 20 years old. The water is supplied via a well. The pump is located out side in a small pump house. The tank and switches seem to be rather new. I am told the well is some 3-500 ft deep, not sure of actual depth. The tank is a Diaphram Well tank-Model PC1445 with a tank volume of 44 gals.
    Tank pressure precharge from factory is 38psi. Max Working pressure is 125psi. Current psi is 48 checked by me via the stem located on the top of the tank.

The Pump moter is a Franklin 1hp 230v #2801084915.

There are two Square D 9013FSG 2 switches regulating the flow pressure. Power in flows to a 30Amp disconnect then to the first switch and then on to the second switch and then to the pump. The two switches are configured on the top of the two vertical arms of a 'U' shape made of PVC 1/2" pipe which lead to the center of the horazonal bottom of the "U" shape to a pressure gage(currenly reading 40psi.) and then "T's" to the main line to the tank one way and to the pump and house.

Problem: Water pressure is weak in the home.

Question: What can I do to increase the water Pressure in the home?

Thank you in advance for any assistance in this area.

Respectfully
    Al
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 28, 2006, 11:53 AM
    I'[m assuming you have Square D pump control boxes. The bladder tank pressure to be set at two PSI UNDER the cut in point of the control box when the pressure's been bled off the system. Here's how to increase pressure at the control box. First turnoff the power at the breaker box, then pull the cover off the pressure switch and you will see two spring loaded bolts secured with nylon nuts,(see image). One tall, one short. To increase the cut in pressure, turn the nut on the tall bolt down. To increase the cut out pressure,(that's the one that will give you more pressure) turn the nut on the short bolt down. This should give you the additional pressure you desire.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Well pump [ 2 Answers ]

How do you prime a well pump?

Ejector Pump [ 8 Answers ]

Just bought a new house with an unfinished basement. It has an ejector pump that is in an enclosed pit. The only incoming drains is from the clothes washer. I don't understand why the pump activates when I haven't used the washer for a couple of days. Could there be a leak in the check valve...

Well pump [ 2 Answers ]

Today I had to repair a copper water pipe in my basement and had to shut off the well and water pump. I did so by unplugging the power cord from the pressure swithc to the wall outlet and then drained the system of water. Once my pressure switch dial read zero (0) I completed the repair (copper...

View more questions Search