Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidadrian140 Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2010, 09:00 AM
    Home schooling
    Can anyone give me some information on homeschooling. I live in Chicago,IL. I'm looking for home schools. The high schools here in the city are very bad. The school that pertains to my district is one of the worst. I don't want to send my boys to that school. I think they are better off home schooled at least for the 9th grade until we sell our home. If anyone can help I greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2010, 05:37 PM
    Sorry, I didn't see your question. I hope some of these may be helpful. I just googled "homeschooling Chicago, Il", this is just the first page of results.

#
    Resources - Illinois Homeschool Education :: www...
    Northside Unschoolers of Chicago - The Northside Unschoolers Group (NUG) is an open support... ILHS Announce - This list is for all Illinois homeschoolers,.
    www.illinoishomeeducation.com/onlineresources.htm - Cached - Similar
    #
    Homeschool World: Illinois Homeschool Organizations and Support Groups
    A network of Catholic home schooling support groups around Illinois. Web site is for this year's conference. Northside Unschoolers Group (NUG) of Chicago...
    www.home-school.com/groups/IL.html - Cached - Similar
    #
    Chicago Homeschool Expo: A two day homeschool convention in...
    Chicago Homeschool Expo August 4-6, 2011. Schaumburg Convention Center (Chicago), IL 1551 N. Thoreau Dr, Schaumburg, IL 60173...
    www.chicagohomeschoolexpo.com/ - Cached - Similar
    #
    I am thinking about Homeschooling my sons in Chicago, Illinois...
    Apr 2, 2008... My sons are 13 and 15. One is already a Freshman in High School the... There are dozens upon dozens of homeschoolers in that area. Goodness.. .
    answers.yahoo.com ›... › Home Schooling - Cached - Similar
    Get more discussion results
    #
    Illinois Homeschool Support Groups and Resources
    The Muslim Homeschool (Illinois homeschoolers) - Chicago western suburbs; Northern Illinois Homeschool Monthly - Northern Illinois Homeschool Monthly is...
    www.homeschoolcentral.com/... /illinois_homeschool.htm - Cached - Similar
    #
    Chicago Homeschool Habitat
    YMCA homeschool Swimming class. August 14th, 2009 by Kimbac. High Ridge YMCA 2424 W. Touhy Ave. (entrance off Western Ave) Chicago, IL. 60645...
    chicagohomeschoolhabitat.com/ - Cached - Similar
    #
    Home Schooling - Office of Instruction and School Management
    Home-school students must meet the requirements determined pursuant to the By-laws of the Illinois High School Athletic Association and the Chicago Public...
    www.oism.cps.k12.il.us/programs_hs.shtml - Cached - Similar
    #
    Chicago Homeschooling Resources
    5307 S Hyde Park Blvd, Chicago (773) 324-5520. Islamic Homeschool Education Network 241 Meadowbrook Dr. Bolingbrook, IL 60440 [email protected]...
    www.chicagokids.com/resources/homeschooling.html - Cached - Similar
    #
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Homeschooling+Chicago+Il&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 30, 2010, 06:01 PM

Yes, sorry, I missed you post earlier also, please come back and tell us how it is going.

Home school is great for those parents that have the TIME and the ability to teach their children, It is really a full time job, since you will be spending 5 or more hours teaching them every day.

For other parents it is the worst thing you can do. If you don't have the ability to teach or don't take the time.

There are even accredited home school programs that you can use, and I highly recommend using a yearly national testing program to be sure child is keeping up with the needed standards.
    harini11 Posts: 3, Reputation: -1

May 5, 2011, 01:28 AM
    You can browse through internet. There are many reliable tutoring service. I would suggest www.tutorz.com, good tutoring service. You can hire a private tutor for homeschooling.
    LadyToni Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Jul 8, 2012, 09:49 PM
    So sorry to not have seen this question before.
    Depending on where you are you can hire a tutor to home school. Check out what your state requires, I'm not up on what Chicago requires, but if you have the time and the desire you can make this work. This is a great time to give your boys a wonderful education.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is home schooling good [ 12 Answers ]

Hello Folks. I have two boy's I would like to home school. And I've heard if children don't mingle with other children this could be a problem because of social skills. They are outgoing and I do not want to suppress them, but with the violence in today's schools I'm torn between the...

Home Schooling At 14 In The UK [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I really hate school, I think its just the atmosphere I can't cope with. I've been looking over the internet and been reading about homeschooling. My mum and dad know I hate school and I kind of keep saying about homeschooling but they don't seem to take me seriously. I have two...

Home schooling [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to take my ged at home or find a school where I can receive my diploma I work during the day and have a child so I really can't afford to pay for it is there any on line programs that maybe is free, or does not cost too much.

Home schooling in the UK [ 2 Answers ]

Hi :o Does anyone have any information about home schooling in the UK. Does a parent need to be qualified to teach

Home Schooling [ 2 Answers ]

Can you create you, your own Home Study program ?

View more questions Search