Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hopeless3200 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2010, 07:27 AM
    Is He Lying?
    If a person is lying, would he/she get extremely (and I mean extremely) defensive?

In my first post, I asked members of AMHD if I should stay with my boyfriend while he tries to self-detox himself from a powerful narcotic.

Last Sunday night (9/5/10), I had a suspicion that he was still using and he never started the Suboxen treatment. (Since I found out 7 months ago about his addiction, not once has he contacted a treatment center for help. He truly believes he can quit on his own with out the help of professionals.) Before he left to get into his car, I shouted "Drug addict!" in a parking lot. He didn't like that very much.

The next day, I went to his apartment to drop off his wallet and to talk about if he really stopped. He repeatedly shouted to me to get out. He shouted at me, called me names, and tried to get me out with physical force. He wanted me out for calling him a drug addict in a parking lot and because he's sick of my "bull****." The only thing I've ever tried to do was help him. I called around, spent countless hours on the computer, and printed him out information to get help.

He didn't take my advice.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2010, 07:40 AM

Not all liars get defensive... but in this case... I think its clear he is.

For your own personal safety and well being... if he won't check himelf into a professional treatment center... get away, far away from him.
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Sep 13, 2010, 10:39 AM

The best help you can be is to yourself right now. Stay away. He is not ready for your advice or the advice of anyone.

Have you ever heard of Nar-Anon? It is a world wide association for people who have family, friends, etc. that are using drugs. If you want to help, become informed, because some help is not true help but enabling.

Here is the website:
    Nar-Anon Home

Also one for Narcotics Anon:
    www.NA.org - the website for the Fellowship of Narcotics Anonymous
    hopeless3200 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 01:44 PM

An update:

Yesterday I found out he was lying the whole time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is she lying to me? [ 5 Answers ]

So I recently started dating a girl who is 2 years younger than I am. Before now she had told me that she had been with about 5 guys previously before we started dating however before I asked her out she said that she was late on her period. I helped her through it and this past Monday or Tuesday (...

Is he lying? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a boyfriend who is 17& I am 15, we've been going out for a little while but I've known him for 3 months already. Me and my boyfriend are great together, we always have a good time and we trust each other a lot. I am super close with my cousin. Me and her are ALWAYS together, We tell each...

Lying on Federal complaint answer, lying to EEOC [ 1 Answers ]

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Indiana/federal I am suing a govt. agency. They lied profusely in EEOC investigation. I couldn't prove it then. Got copy of investigation record and then KNEW I could prove a few lies, trust me on that. I filed the complaint in fed. Court...

Lying Why Do We Do It? [ 15 Answers ]

Why do I lie to my loved ones? What is the best way to control lying? I don't want to hurt my lovely wife anymore.:(

Lying [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: If you lie to a grand jury and the FBI, and you obstruct a criminal investigation, it's OK and you should be pardoned - if you're a right winger. I don't know. I thought the right wingers were the law and order party. If I lied to a grand jury, I don't think anybody would think it's...

View more questions Search