Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mevansva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 05:34 PM
    Kenmore Coldspote dispenses foul tasting water
    The water from my Kenmore Coldspot side-by-side refrigerator tastes and smells like mildew. I used a pipe cleaner to clean the spout (which was pretty nasty) but it didn't help. After the water runs for a bit, the water is fine. But the next day, the water tastes and smells like mildew again. Any suggestions regarding the cause or a solution?
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Dec 27, 2006, 07:16 PM
    The tank, filter, lines, etc just need a good cleaning. Dissasemble the system and clean all the components that look nasty. It should remedy the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad tasting water [ 1 Answers ]

We were having a problem getting hot water because we have a long run from the hot water heater to the kitchen and bathroom. The plumber recommended and installed a recirculating device near the hot water heater. Now the cold water from the taps tastes bad... a very strong taste of plastic.

Kenmore 70 hot water noisy [ 1 Answers ]

I've a strange situation. When my Kenmore 70 (whirlpool I suspect model 110.267... ) uses any hot water (warm or hot) then there is a very slow water input and a very loud noise. Turn it to cool and the water pours in and no noise. The noise usually take a few seconds to kick in - rather high...

Kenmore dishwasher won't heat water [ 3 Answers ]

I have a new Kenmore Elite dishwasher. I have checked the water during the Hi Temp wash cycle and the sani rinse cycle and it isn't any hotter than 133 degrees, the temp of the water from my water heater. The instructions say the water should be at a minimum of 129 from the tap and I always run the...

View more questions Search