Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rizfazz Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2010, 09:39 AM
    Hi! A few days ago I was caught shoplifting at aShopping Ctr in Singapore. I don't really know what really happened to me or what I was thinking that make me do the hideous crime.

I was stopped by the security guard upon stepping out of the store. I followed them to the security room and I surrendered the 2 items that I stole. An eyeshadow, worth S$19.90 + 1 bottle of concealer, worth S$27. Both items total worth of $46.90. I don't deny stealing the item but I swear I don't know why I shoplift. I have credit cards + S$200+ cash with me in my wallet at that point of time.

I also did some purchases from the store, total spend, S$70. 1st payment that I made was S$55. Then my next purchase was, $15.90. Of which I paid for the items. I really don't know what was wrong with me that I did what I did. I do have a lot of problems at this current moment with my work, my in-laws, my parents is sick, I also have insomnia, I have not been sleeping much for the past few weeks. Most of the night, I will only feel sleepy at 4ish - 5ish and at 7am I am to wake up and get ready to work. As work, I am faced with stress, as I am in sales line, numbers is the main issue. I did informed the IO regards to all the problem that I am facing during the interview. I am aware its not an excuse for me to do what I did. But somehow, the damage is done of which I really really really deeply regret.

The cops was called and I was brought to the police station. I was even handcuffed, put into a lock up while waiting for my IO. I was booked at 2+am. The IO came at about 5ish am, I think. I gave him my statement and I was out on bail. I was told to come back to see him, the IO 14 days later.

I am full of ashamed and remorse for what I have done. I promise myself that I will never ever do this stupid thing anymore, NEVER!

I am put under section 380 chp 224. I am 37 yrs old, female. This is my 1st time and will be the very last time I am caught for shoplifting.

I hope you can tell me, what will happen on the 14th day when I go back to see my IO?

I wish to know what should I expect from my IO on the 14th day?

If I am charged, how much is the fine?

If I am given a stern warning, will there be record?

I really need serious & good advice, please.

Dear mod, I am aware you can't delete any posting, but is there a way you can delete/amend/edit my posting. Please, please delete the name of the shopping ctr from my posting. Please. Is there a way I can change my name from the post? Please advice. Looking forward for your help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 12, 2010, 10:09 AM

Ok, tried to move new post over and merged it with original question, it has been one of those days.

1. no you can not change the user name, you should have chosen more wisely if that name ID's you to close. The shopping center name will be detleed

Sep 12, 2010, 10:14 AM

Thank u sooo much, really appreciate it.
    vedas Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Sep 23, 2010, 05:07 AM

Hi
    Sorry to know about u.one of my friends got into the same problem.he reported after 2 weeks but his bail was extended for another two weeks n this kept going on for almost 2 months.Each time the Inspector said that they r still doing the investigations and ll phone him as and when he has something to tell him.Finally my friend took help of a lawyer and the case was processed fast and just after a week he was called and was given a stern warning and let go off.I have got no idea about the fine n police record but all I can tell you is that don't expect to hear something on 14th day, you may be asked to come after another 2 weeks and on n on.Pray to god.destiny chooses its time n place.My suggestion is --consult a lawyer.

Sep 23, 2010, 07:27 AM

Thanks for your respond, I really appreciate it very much. I will be meeting my IO tomorrow. I hope I don't have to go to the extent of hiring a lawyer. I don't think I have the funds to hire 1. I am really remorse for what I have done. I can't explain why I did what I did. I seek solace to god. I really hope its only a stern warning as this is my 1st and will be the last. I will keep u posted if there is any outcome regards to my meet up with the IO. Thanks for sharing & your concern.

Sep 24, 2010, 04:40 AM

Hi
    All the very best to u.Hope all ends well for u.But I tell you the IO was very kind of bossy as long as the case was going on but the day it was over,he was so good and sat with my friend and wished him good luck.Even his boss was very gentle.Its their daily job and they get to know every person's ins and outs.dont worry, pray to god and commit with yourself that come what may,you are never going to do that again.god is the ultimate justice. I think as regards your other query regarding police record,u can ask the IO once the case is over as sometimes people say that no conviction means no record but I have no idea at all.Can you believe the lawyer my friend hired charged only 300$ but imagine the tension that was over... good luck once again.

Sep 24, 2010, 07:59 AM

Hi Vedas, thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate it very much. The verdict is out. I am given a conditional warning. Thank god. At last my agony has ended. I thank god. Its has been an extremely hard lesson for me. I promise myself, never ever will I ever do it again, never. The IO was stern. I did not ask him about the charges but I was told by a friend of mine, as long as there is no charges there is no record. I think we can check from the Police Website by entering our ic. Thanks Vedas. I am glad I have someone to share with. Thanks again. Do keep in touch, *** take care.

Sep 25, 2010, 09:09 AM
    Oh see god is great.sumtimes he wants us to learn a lesson for life but he is never unkind.u must be relieved. I sometimes see people going nasty commenting on people's problems but I always believe either you help sumone or just ignore.***. Accest my best wishes for your future and look after yourself.let your problems not overpower you n let me know if I can share your burden anyway. Take care.

Sep 25, 2010, 09:54 AM

Thank you so much.

Oct 21, 2010, 04:05 AM
    Hi rizfazz

Hope all is well with u. want to ask you about how to get police record checked by filling IC no. and which police website is it.Actually my friend has filed for Immigration and wants to know about his police record. I don't know anything about it.he has already left singapore but he spent more than six months there so would have to mention about it.let me know please if you know anything about it.

Oct 21, 2010, 07:01 AM

Hi vedas, u can try checking from this website, u need to have ic & singpass, I hope this helps your friend. U take care dear. Rendered Spent Criminal Record Enquiry

Oct 23, 2010, 06:01 AM
    Hi Rizfazz

Thank you very much for sending me the link but he does not have singpass and has got no idea what it is? Just got his ic no. I am sorry to ask you but if you don't mind telling if you checked it for yourself and I'm not even very sure what is rendered spent? Please let me know if you got anything about it.
    Thanks
    traumashock Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2012, 05:25 AM
    Hi Rizfazz,

I'm in a similar situation. How long did it take for your case to close?

Aug 25, 2012, 05:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vedas View Post
    Hi
    Sorry to know about you.one of my friends got into the same problem.he reported after 2 weeks but his bail was extended for another two weeks n this kept going on for almost 2 months.Each time the Inspector said that they are still doing the investigations and ll phone him as and when he has something to tell him.Finally my friend took help of a lawyer and the case was processed fast and just after a week he was called and was given a stern warning and let go off.I have got no idea about the fine n police record but all I can tell you is that don't expect to hear something on 14th day,you may be asked to come after another 2 weeks and on n on.Pray to god.destiny chooses its time n place.My suggestion is --consult a lawyer.
    Hi Vedas,

I'm in a similar situation. Could you please share the information of the lawyer who helped your friend to fast track things. It's more than 50 days now in my case.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2012, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by traumashock View Post
    Hi Vedas,

I'm in a similar situation. Could you please share the information of the lawyer who helped your friend to fast track things. It's more than 50 days now in my case.

This is from 2010?

Aug 25, 2012, 05:22 PM
    This happened in 2012.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2012, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by traumashock View Post
    This happenned in 2012.

This THREAd is from 2010 - this person has not been back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caught shoplifting [ 7 Answers ]

Advice needed me and wife caught shoplifting at a Retail store a month back LP took us to office and called police over the phone for record it was clean, they said we will be released after paperwork stuff was valued around $25 no police came on scene given a ban of 6 months from store also...

Caught shoplifting [ 2 Answers ]

Oh.I also what to ask a question, I also steal something in zelles, and they call the police. I am so worry about the afteraffect of this thing. The police ask me to write a pologies letter to he and the zellers. Is it everything done? Does the police will annal this in my file? I have to...

Caught shoplifting [ 13 Answers ]

I want to thanks this site first of all for giving us the opportunity to get free answers. I was caught shoplifting is sears about a month ago.. they called the cops I got arrested. They took my finger prints and photos. I was bailed out for 50$. They gave me a court date which is next month. I'm...

Shoplifting caught. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I feel terrible, I've never done anything like this before, I just got greedy and chose not to pay for some items that amounted to 47$ and now I'm banned from the store and I'm getting a summons. I just turned 18 and the person taking care of the incident told me that if I had gone over 50$...

After Being Caught Shoplifting [ 4 Answers ]

Im 17 yrs old, and my sister is 12. We live in Queen Anne's County, which is located in Maryland. We were caught shoplifting in our local Kmart, and they had said that they saw me blocking my younger sister while she unwrapped everything and put it into her purse, it was true, and we admitted to it...

View more questions Search