Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Snwarrwn18 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 07:16 PM
    How do I get my boyfriend to be comfortable talking about the future?
    I have been with my boyfriend for almost a year. He says I'm the first girl he's seen a future with and wants to marry. Whenever I talk about our future, however, he acts weird and gives short answers. I understand that this is new to him, but what can I do to make him more comfortable talking about our future?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2010, 07:23 PM

For one thing, accept that boys and girls have different styles when they are talking. Girls like to discuss things, and boys like to solve problems and give you a simple answer. So you might want a long discussion about how you see your relationship evolving in the next year, and he says "We're good togethter" or something.
    eightzeros Posts: 29, Reputation: 23

Sep 12, 2010, 02:24 AM
    He didn't say, 'Will you marry me?', I mean he didn't propose you yet. All is conveyed is that you are the first girl that he sees a future & wants to marry. If he is not comfortable to talk about the future then he is not ready to do it. It has been just a year, there is plenty that you need to discover about each other & to find out if you two would manage under any given situation. Why not enjoy what you two share at the moment & learn how to be the best partner for each other. Wanting what is not there yet will only bring problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feel comfortable around your boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

I have this thing where I make myself really nervous around my boyfriends. It started when I dated someone years ago and we had no connection and I always felt weird around him (I think it was due to age difference, I was 17 he was 21). After that I had a boyfriend and we were I felt so entirely...

How do I become comfortable talking to him! [ 4 Answers ]

I've recently started talking to a guy. On the first date, I was very nervous because I'm not experienced in dating so many guys. He was asking me questions and I wasn't feeling comfortable to think about all of them and aswering because I was also driving and we got lost and the situations was so...

Girls Talking To My Boyfriend. [ 11 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for two years. I have friends but I'm not very sociable. Hes worse than I am. But I get SOO annoyed because girls will come up to us and completely ignore me and talk to him. I can't understand it. Hes attractive, but so am I in my opinion. He doesn't go out of his way...

I feel more comfortable around someone else, other than my boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

I'm really worried because I've been with my boyfriend for 2 months now, and it was only after a month I start to feel more comfortable around him as I am a very shy person. What worries me more is that I'm more chilled out and relaxed around other lads I know that are just friends, say at work or...

View more questions Search