Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hanzherwin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 11:11 AM
    What is immorality of nursing
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 11:24 AM

I give up, who said it was immoral to nurse your own child? What are you basing this statement on?

Before the formalization of moral codes, how were women to nurse their children.

To me that statement is nonsense, unless you are tying it to a specific religious belief that you haven't told us about yet.
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Sep 21, 2010, 03:49 PM

Nursing? As in? Do you mean the practice of nursing,as done by nurses? Or do you mean nursing a baby? Or??
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2010, 04:37 PM

Is this "nursing" with the white uniform and shoes? Or is it "nursing" with the sore nipples, and a crying infant?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2010, 04:43 PM

Don't see any immoral thing about either
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2010, 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    don't see any immoral thing about either
    I was thinking of inappropriate behavior at a hospital. Like breastfeeding someone else's child??
    GGertie Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Nov 5, 2010, 09:21 PM
    Could you supply a little more information to clarify your question? I have been a Registered Nurse for over 40 years and have never heard this pharse.

The practice of nursing (tending to patients) is not immoral, and there is nothing immoral about breastfeeding your own child (or someone else's for that matter)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nursing care plan with priority nursing dx [ 1 Answers ]

I need a priority nursing diagnosis from the nanda list for this patient. Patient c 92 yr old fell medical dx of C4 fracture and patient has a possible broken arm that patient can not move. Weight 75lbs.has neck immobilizer on, foley cat in, IV in with ns @ 75 cc/hr. on bed rest total care patient....

Nursing. How to. [ 1 Answers ]

I did an online college correspondence course to become a Medical Office Assistant. I want to further my education at this point and become an RN. What's my next step? Most of the colleges I've looked into seem to only have courses to go from RN to BSN. How do you become an RN, is it through...

Nursing application [ 7 Answers ]

I am filling up this nursing application. I want to know what should I put in the career aspirations.

Nursing [ 3 Answers ]

My baby spits up constantly has anyone else had this problem with their child if so what did you do?

Period after nursing [ 1 Answers ]

I am just wondering if anyone can help me out. I have slowed nursing down and got my first period on April 30. It lasted 6 days was normal and then about two weeks later May16 I spotted pink for two days and I thought maybe it was implantation bleeding but my pregnancy test was negative. I have...

View more questions Search