Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nuhaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 10:47 AM
    Can a father with blood group B+ and a mother with blood group B+ give a baby with O-
    My both parents have the same blood group which is B+ and I am O- ! How can this happen?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 11:17 AM

You need to know more than just blood type, what is the genotype of each parent, BB or BO or BA So a further blood typing will need to be do

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...-o-506687.html

Blood type - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2010, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nuhaa View Post
    My both parents have the same blood group which is B+ and I am O- ! How can this happen ?!
    As Fr_Chuck said, it gets fairly complicated as there can be many, many combinations.

To try and put it very simplistically:

Mom and Dad are both B positive. The B is for blood type, the positive for Rh, which is a protein on the blood cell. They are both B from the dominant gene in a BO blood type combination. The gene passed on to you was the recessive O. You received one from each thus your blood type is O.

The same thing happens with the Rh protein. They are both positive with a postive/negative combination, with the positive being dominant, and you received the recessive negative. Which made you O negative.

You will have to keep this in mind if you go onto have children of your own if your partner is Rh positive as this can become something that will need to be addressed if your baby is Rh positive as well. Some women will develop antibodies after a first pregnancy in which they will need to have injections of what is called rhogram to insure a healthy baby next time.

That's a basic explanation of it... hope that helps.
    Boyan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2013, 10:08 AM
    Can a father with blood group B+ and a mother with blood group B+ give a baby with B- ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If mother blood group is b negative and father blood group is o- [ 6 Answers ]

If the mother is b negative and father is o negative what will happen to the pregnancy

I am haviing o positive blood group my husband also having same opostive blood group [ 1 Answers ]

I am haviing o positive blood group my husband is also having same o positive blood group. If we have same blood group any problem will arise during my pregnancy. I can have Healthy cchild after my birth. I want to know the correct answer for my question

Blood group [ 1 Answers ]

If both parents blood group are 0 what will the baby blood group be

To find the blood group [ 1 Answers ]

How we can excepect that the new orn baby will have a particular blood group based on the parents blood group

Blood group [ 7 Answers ]

If parents have same blood group eg:O, is it possible that child can have blood group other than O?

View more questions Search