Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ferchak48 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 10:46 AM
    How do you remove a soap dish attached to tile in the shower?
    I have a soap dish attached to the tile in my shower. It's caulked around the outside, so I can't tell how it's attached. My neighbor believes it's just attached with mud.
    Any suggestions?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2010, 11:22 AM

There aren't too many other ways to attach soap dishes except with mud material on the backside of the soap dish. What are you going to do with the blank space? Attach a different soap dish?
    JazMan Posts: 219, Reputation: 14

Sep 11, 2010, 04:34 PM

Wrap the dish with a rag then tap tap with a hammer. Then small putty knife or chisel. You'll discover the dish is not covering a tile, but takes the place of one with the flange overlapping the adjacent tiles.

Is it a standard 4x6" dish or something else?

Jaz

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much dish soap? [ 19 Answers ]

I am having a problem with air bubbles in the dry wall mud. I am using an all purpose joint compound, how much dish soap do you put in to how much compound??

Used Dish Soap as Lube and Scrotum is Extremely Dry [ 5 Answers ]

After drinking heavily one night I used dish soap as lube to have sex and, ever since the following morning, my scrotum skin is EXTREMELY dry. It feels crunchy. Will this just fade in time considering skin naturally will rejuvenate itself on other areas of the body? Should I use some sort of...

How do I remove a one handle shower know to tile? [ 2 Answers ]

Find Delta Shower Fixture, Chrome and other Faucets at Aubuchon Hardware I am tiling my tub and I need to remove a one handle shower knob that is very similar to this link. I can't figure out how to get the handle off. I also don't know how to attach a picture of the real handle which would...

How do I remove a one handle shower know to tile? [ 1 Answers ]

Find Delta Shower Fixture, Chrome and other Faucets at Aubuchon Hardware I am tiling my tub and I need to remove a one handle shower knob that is very similar to this link. I can't figure out how to get the handle off. I also don't know how to attach a picture of the real handle which would...

Remove dish soap [ 1 Answers ]

Do you know how to get liquid dish soap out of carpet? Thanks

View more questions Search