Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hokiluki Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 07:19 AM
    Virus?
    So.. recently, the HDD in my computer has been decreasing slowly even though I didn't really install anything. I scanned my computer thoroughly with a Norton 360 and nothing was found.. What seems to be the problem o.O?
    Dysenchanted Posts: 72, Reputation: 34

Sep 11, 2010, 10:14 AM

Have you been saving files, pictures, music files, video files etc to the HDD lately? Those, especially video files, take up a lot of space and can bog down a computer.

My suggestion is to maybe weed out a few things and see what happens. Not saying that this is exactly the issue here but it worked great for my computer!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 12:44 PM

Are all your drivers up to date? How much room is left on your hard drive? How large is it?
    Also doing a defrag if you haven't done one in awhile may help to speed things up.
    hokiluki Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 11:21 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I might be adding a few files here and there so it looks like the HDD is slowly decreasing. Doubt it's a virus xD

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long can the parvol virus stay in dogs system before it shows signs of the virus [ 3 Answers ]

Can the parvol virus stay in your dog for 5 weeks or so before it becomes sick. I bought a dog from a breeder and when I phone her to tell her my dog was sick and asked her if any of hers were sick, she told me no. By Saturday (3 days Later) she had cleared all those puppies from her house. She put...

Virus not detected by anti virus [ 5 Answers ]

I have an anti virus or spyware program loaded on my computer but I know I still have things on my computer causing problems. My computer is "thinking" when nothing is running and several programs and certainly the internet are slow and sometimes just lock up at random times. What can I do or where...

Anti-Virus pop-up Virus [ 3 Answers ]

For the last week, every time I go online I get annoying pop-up ads and warning messages sayying' you're computer may be infected with malware and viruses, click here... " . Also, one of the pop-up ads is a virus scan. When I try to close them, I have to click close about ten times to get rid of...

About a virus [ 4 Answers ]

HI This is Amit kumar from North India, actually my PC is suffring from a Virus called new folder or named like parent folder. Its size is 188 kb. It looks like a folder and when I try to open it it spreds in my c: (windows). And disable Task Manager and Folder option etc. All Anti viruses are...

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search