Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babsysue Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2010, 10:57 AM
    Destination wedding gift etiquette
    A family member is having a destination wedding which we will not be attending. They are also planning a reception about 9 months later closer to home. We, of course, want to give a gift but am unsure if we do this prior to the actual wedding or do we wait until the reception 9 months later which we will probably attend?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 11:08 AM

I think it best to send a wedding present prior to the wedding, since you have been invited to attend. Then for the reception you are not at all "obligated" for anything else.
    babsysue Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2010, 12:00 PM
    Didn't see this particular question answered in previous posts, so appreciate your input!
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2010, 06:22 PM

My understanding is that you have until a year after a wedding to send a gift. I think that's a bit ridiculous though so try to send the gift right before the actual marriage of the couple. I also like to ship gifts whenever I can as it's more convenient for the couple.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gift for destination wedding and the couple is also having a reception 1 gift or 2? [ 2 Answers ]

I am attending a destination wedding, Aruba and the couple is also having a reception once they get back in New York. I am attending both. 1) Do I bring the gift with me to Aruba? 2) Do I bring it to the reception? 3) Do I get them a gift for both?

Gift Giving for a Destination Wedding [ 24 Answers ]

My husband and I are attending a destination wedding that is going to cost the two of us a total of $1100 just to be in attendance for our friends nuptials. That amount includes only airfare, hotel and a rental car. We will still have further expenses throughout our 4 day stay. Is it...

View more questions Search