Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Louise_Michelle Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2010, 10:12 AM
    How do you keep the padding in your bras from getting all messed up in the washer?
    How do you keep the padding in your bras from getting messed up in the washer and dryer, and how do you fix it after there all messed up??

>Moved from Humor & Comedy<
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 11:14 AM

This probably belongs in Home & Garden since it is a laundry question. I have reported as being in the wrong place.

Edited to add: Thanks to the person who moved this question. :)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 11:14 AM

Typically they won't get messed up in the washing machine if you choose the gentle cycle. As for drying them, don't put them in the dryer at all. Leave them hanging up and they'll dry without the padding or other materials getting messed up.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 11:23 AM
    I can vouch for Rick's advice - his bras are always in great shape.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 11:29 AM

Thank you for that positive comment, NK :)

Love, Rick

Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 11:43 AM

They sell mesh bags for laundering undergarments (bras, stockings, etc.) in that can help keep them from getting twisted up. Generally, the gentle cycle or hand washing work well.

It depends on the style of bra and how it was padded as to whether you can get the padding back in place if it does get messed up.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 10, 2010, 12:18 PM

There also sell plastic balls that protect the bra in the washer. This search:
    bra laundry ball - Google Search

Lists some.

Interesting that most of the responses to this were from males. <eg>
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 12:56 PM

Because a guy can appreciate a good looking bra... while a woman appreciates a good fitting bra.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Religious bras [ 32 Answers ]

A man walked into the ladies department of a Belk's Depaortment store. He reluctantly walked up to the woman behind the counter and said, "I'd like to buy a bra for my wife." "What type of bra?", asked the clerk. "Type?", inquired the man "There is more than one type?". "Look Around.", said the...

About bras [ 7 Answers ]

When should a 11yr old start wearing a bra?

Padding numbers in excel [ 2 Answers ]

I have about 500,000 cells on a spreadsheet that all follow a letter and number pattern. There are two patterns that look like this: y124f07 and h67g02. So the first is: Letter, number, number, number, letter, number, number The second is: Letter, number, number, letter, number, number

Wondering about bras [ 1 Answers ]

About how often should I switch bras? Any exceptions? Thanks~

Laminate flooring double padding? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am about to install laminate flooring on a 2nd floor condo. Can I install double padding Underneath to deaden/eliminate noise? Will it make a difference in noise for downstairs neighbors? Or is double padding not adviseable. Will there be any Con issues using two pads? I do plan on...

View more questions Search