Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ntlst1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2010, 08:42 AM
    Is luxury travel promotions.com legit? They offered 2 roundtrip airline tickets
    Got a paper in mail, you won two free round trip airline tickets. Just have to come listen about our new travel agency. Luxurytravelpromotions.com Said bring drivers license and credit card?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2010, 08:54 AM
    Did you enter this contest? I guessing not. It sounds like a scam to me. Do NOT give your credit card number to them.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2010, 08:54 AM

These offers are NEVER as good as they sound. After wasting my time of more than a few, the last of which would not give me what I was promised I made a stink, a lot of people turned around and left before even listening to their spew.

I get offers like that once or twice a week... they all go into the shredder. My time is more valuable than any trinket they are willing to offer. And in this economy... people are not just giving out good stuff like they were 10 years ago.

I view any and every such offer with a gread deal of suspicion. ID theft is rampant, never, ever give it to anyone who YOU did not initiate a real transaction with. This is not a real transaction.
    scwizard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2010, 08:23 AM
    After making an appointment I found that their offer is valid only if I'm married or living with someone and that we both attend. I'm not in that situation so they said I wasn't eligible. I'm not sure if that's legal as their offer said nothing about that. Also if you go to their website, you'll see the presentation is 90 minutes long!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2010, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by scwizard View Post
    After making an appointment I found that their offer is valid only if I'm married or living with someone and that we both attend. I'm not in that situation so they said I wasn't eligible. I'm not sure if that's legal as their offer said nothing about that. Also if you go to their website, you'll see the presentation is 90 minutes long!
    AND they rarely give you what they promise FOR attending...

Yeah I've gone to a few... sometimes gotten a meal at a restaurant I knew was good... but when its all over... I feel my time has far more value that any trinket they may offer.

After the last place tried to weasle out from giving my what I was prommised I put EVERY offer straight to the shredder. My time has value to me. Even if I am sitting in front of the TV... a car cost money to drive... and not just the fuel costs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cheapest airline tickets? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am buying my mom a plane ticket from Orlando intl to Logan in boston.. sometime in the beginning of August! Any ideas on a website with good ticket prices (round trip):confused:

Airline tickets [ 1 Answers ]

I do not travel much. When I went to the airlines to buy a ticket the Cost for the round trip ticket was $716.00. A friend told me to call her Ticket agent and the cost was only $450.00 for the same ticket. Thanks For having friends. But how does that system work??

Make Money Booking Airline Tickets [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for the possibility to book/broker airline tickets for people and to make money that way. I am not a licensed travel agent neither did I take classes or training on that subject. Can anyone show me the way? Thank you in advance.

Airline travel [ 2 Answers ]

I will be going to mediation and was wondering how young I am required to let minor children fly out of state. My children are 3yrs and 6mo and their fater lives in state but wants to travel to see grandparents.

View more questions Search