Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 9, 2010, 05:47 AM
    Government grants
    Lmlmrbd

I'm on disability an was wondering if can get a grant for building a garage,removal of

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some tress, some landscaping, some remolding on home?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2010, 05:51 AM

I think something has gone VERY wrong with this question - which I answered yesterday.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 9, 2010, 06:04 AM

Sorry Judy! My bad!~ I was attempting to move the post over to Grants andt this is what happened. Please forgive! Tom
    dhuber Posts: 73, Reputation: 21

Oct 21, 2010, 04:54 PM
    Usually grants are for work or school etc. But look on the internet under Free Money. Because you are on a fixed income you would be first in line. Also find if the garage could be related to your disability
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 06:50 PM

You may check with local non profits, check with the local chamber of commerce and some local realitors if they know of any non profit groups offering help. In most cases where there is help, it is very limited and will have application process and often long waiting times.
    scorpiosquill Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Dec 6, 2010, 07:23 PM
    Yes the government does have grants for home repairs. For rural and for city limit residents. There is also "Weatherization Programs" that aid with utility bills and repairs that aid with energy conservation of the home. Qualifications are for low income and/or disabled or elderly citizens. If funds are available and you qualify there are several options available for you; also loans for homeowners at 1% interest. Sometimes it is hard to find where to go or who to call but even the welfare system seems to be clueless. The best source is probably the internet for your state, county, or parish. United States Rural Development is one entity.
    nanuchini Posts: 39, Reputation: -6

Feb 2, 2012, 01:35 PM
    Are you looking at SBIR? ARE LOOKING FOR DOD, NIH which subject? Because DOD have fix subject and you write who is the best they will win phase I, if you do really good in phase I you will get phase ii. Go and look at people who won and compare what you wrote. Let me know more on your expertise but that is main thing what you did in past regarding work and publication.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2012, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nanuchini View Post
    Are you looking at SBIR? aRE LOOKING FOR DOD, NIH which subject? Because DOD have fix subject and you write who is the best they will win phase i, if you do really good in phase i you will get phase ii. go and look at people who won and compare what you wrote. Let me know more on your expertise but that is main thing what you did in past regarding work and publication.

What?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Government Grants [ 2 Answers ]

Does the government offer Small Business Loans to convicted Felons and where do I get info on it

Government grants [ 2 Answers ]

On average, about how long would it take for a grant to be approved and finalized?

View more questions Search