Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Sep 9, 2010, 05:36 AM
    Citrix XenApp Print Mapping Issue?
    Now I believe it is an issue with the late release of R5 of XenApp5.0. Now I work at an insurance agency and all printers available to Citrix Clients/Sessions are network printers. However one agent has a local printer she uses to print checks. Now, she only does this once a month so she hadn't noticed that it wasn't working until now.

Here's the problem. Usually Citrix will pull through any local printers and add them to the Citrix Session. As long as the drivers are on the server. Now, I realize that the driver on the server and the driver on the local machine must be an exact match. (checked that) its good. Now we can go into the printers and faxes on the Citrix Server and we noticed that the printer is displayed in here. But it's displayed for another machine. It says the following:

HP LaserJet 1150 PCL 5e (session 7)
    0 BHS00166

Now the BHS00166 is the ID number of the ladies machine that shares offcies with the agent having trouble with her printer. The agent having trouble is BHS00155. Now it won't let us edit this printer profile at all. Is it because we're remoting into the server? Does anyone have any knowledge in Citrix Environments.

Also we got a lead on the issue when visiting another forum (big mistake) it said to enable/start Printer Management Service. So we did and BAM all non-networked devices disappeared from the server, thus disappearing from all Citrix Clients. Ie: scanners, local printer.

I would appreciate any help.

Rick
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Sep 9, 2010, 09:30 AM

Rick,

I am in no way a Citrix user, but I do understand printers.

Can you define for me what set-up information you are trying to send to the printer?

Also, with Citrix, is there a reason why you cannot include a "PJL" (Printer Job Language) header to the file on a per print job basis?

Or another way would be to append the setup file to the front of the print datastream?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Sep 9, 2010, 12:16 PM

I appreciate your response however this has nothing to do with the printer end of things but the Citrix end of things.

The way Citrix should work (and use to work) is that any local printers on a machine are passed through to the Citrix Session once the user logs on to the session. Network printers don't do this because they are on the Citrix Server already (because they're networked) it's only an issue with locally connected devices. Ie: I have a printer and a scanner that won't pass through or auto-create in Citrix Sessions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I select print from Yahoo email, the lexmark printer Z517 will only print in color [ 1 Answers ]

Just connected a lexmark printer Z517, put a new color and black ink cart in and installed the driver, it won't print in black, color. Part of the black text will not print. Could the black ink cart be bad as I bought it from walmart.

Immigration to Canada - Figer Print Issue [ 1 Answers ]

I sent me FInger Print set taken from proper authorities to FBI in VA back in November 2009. I have not since then received anything back from them. Nothing at all. I heard they stopped sending back the Fingerprint card but they must send something back to me. Does any body have any idea... on the...

CITRIX & VPN connection issues through Hughesnet Highspeed Satellite Internet [ 7 Answers ]

I work for the Dept of Air Force. We are pushing to do telework. My problem is I live way out in the country were the only way we can get high speed interent to access citrix is through hughesnet satellite. I have tried multiple times to acccess CITRIX and even VPN from the laptop at home but it...

Mapping Runescape [ 1 Answers ]

I see a lot of maps for runescape, and am curious of how they are made. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Citrix speed issues or bandwidth? [ 2 Answers ]

We have converted most of our remote locations to Citrix. At these sites we have either a WYSE thin client or Dell GX150 that is locked down so it appears as if it is a WYSE thin client. Anyway the issue at one location (possibly) is that the complain that the computers lag i.e. they will be typing...

View more questions Search