Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kieah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2010, 10:07 PM
    Linking in Excel
    I have searched through the questions and answers to excel linking and can't find exactly what I am looking for. So far it looks as if hyperlink function may be the way I need to go but it's not quite what I want.

I have a large sheet of items with all their details, as well as the prices of various supermarkets. What I really want to be able to do is be able to click on a cell and be linked to a list of dates. I am trying to track when the specials occur. So my Coke item has the supermarket price of coke at say $1.00 and the special price at $.50. I would like to be able to click on the cell with the special price and see or get to a list of dates when this special was on. Hope that makes sense.

At the moment the best I can come up with is hyperlinking from the special price cell to another sheet's cell and just listing the dates in that one cell. But as I collect a few dates I won't be able to read it so well. I was hoping to be able to put each date in a cell of it's own. Or even some other data in a cell with a date coloumn maybe? Can someone think of a neat way of collecting this info.

Thank-you
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Sep 9, 2010, 12:10 PM

Can you provide an example of what you have put together so far? Upload your spreadsheet if you can.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 9, 2010, 12:13 PM

If you want the spreadsheet to display a list of dates in another sheet, then hyperlinking is the way to go. You can name the range so it doesn't matter how many cells in the range or just jump to the first cell in the range.
    kieah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2010, 02:02 AM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    I didn't realise you could hyperlink to a range of cells - I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it would do exactly what I was after... Thank you very much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel linking worksheets [ 1 Answers ]

Can we link two or more worksheets in one excel file?

Excel Linking [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I need help on following project 1) I am generating purchase orders in excel each time with a new file 2) I am copying and pasting the contents such as description/amount/supplier etc in a master excel file My question is can anyone help me to achieve following 1) I will generate...

Linking Excel Spreadsheets [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi There ANyone know how I can link excel spreadsheets to each other?:confused:

Excel: Linking from one worksheet to another [ 8 Answers ]

I'd like to link from a cell in one worksheet to a LINE in another. If that doesn't make sense, I've got a member list of people with address, phone, etc. For folk that have not renewed this year, I want to have a separate worksheet that documents my contact efforts... so to link from the...

View more questions Search