Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    motherof5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 07:08 AM
    Military abandonment
    I am a military wife and mother of 5,4of my children being with my husband. We separated in may when he left he took everything money and transportation. I need to know where to start for help because every place I've tried isn't helping us. And now the system says that because he is leaving 1 day before our court date that he doesn't have to pay any support ,is this legal and he is the biological father? What are the grounds for abandonment?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2006, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by motherof5
    I And now the system says that because he is leaving 1 day before our court date that he doesn't have to pay any support ,is this legal
    Hello mother:

I've never heard the "system" say that - judges maybe - but not the system. If you had an attorney, he wouldn't have told you that.

Abandonment has nothing to do with anything. What you need is child support and alimoney. The only way to get it, is to have a hearing in front of a judge. The only way you're going to see a judge is by hiring an attorney.

excon

PS> (edited) After some thought, why don't you call his base commander?? The military doesn't like its people to abandon their families..
    motherof5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 07:57 AM
    Hi EXCON, when referred to the system(meaning military) this Service Member Civil Relief Act (SCRA).Do you know anything concerning military laws.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2006, 08:19 AM
    Hello again, mother:

No. The SCRA has NOTHING to do with child support. That's what you NEED, and you need it right NOW. Stop trying to be a lawyer. Hire one. Quickly! Really! Did you call his commanding officer? Do that!!

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandonment of a child [ 5 Answers ]

I have a sixteen year old niece that is being raised by her widowed mother. She has one more year in high school and is the captain of her dance team at school and does very well in school. Her mother grauated nursing school 3 years ago and just recently has been accepted to a physician assistants...

Child Abandonment [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old son who has spent a total of 30min with his biological father since I was 3 months pregnant. That was December 22, 2005. The father left me because he thought it was going to be a girl and he didn't want one. I called him when my son was a week old, as soon as we got out of...

Abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-husband is taking me to court for abandonment,how can he do that if I never left for more than 2 weeks at a time.and also in 1997 I have court papers from when he would up and leave me and my children for no reason and that's not abandonment.the only reason I left before was he would always...

Abandonment [ 4 Answers ]

Can the mother of a kid give the kid to the father for 10 months at a time and not have to do anything for the kid or even see the kid, would that be abandonment?

Abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 8 year old daugther that her real father has never seen her and I was wondering how long does it have to be before she is considered being abandon even if he is paying child support? Please help I am very confused:confused:

View more questions Search