Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaywl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2010, 12:03 PM
    Siding Repair - Which do you prefer Hardie Plank or Vinyl Siding?
    I am actually someone who is looking for tips on renovation. This month I am planning on doing some siding repair. I am currently using vinyl but I was wondering if it would be advisable to still use vinyl and just repair my siding or would it be better to replace it with hardieplank?

Please if you could help me out I would really appreciate it. I am researching as much info as possible about this so I would know what to do with my home improvement project =)

I did saw this video once @ Siding Repair Kingwood TX - LiveVideo.com
    Please help me. Thanks in advance!

Jaywl Trixx =)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2010, 12:42 PM

If you are repairing you have to use a like material, if you are residing Hardie Plank is far more durable, but does need painted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vinyl siding repair [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy I'billydown and I'm new, I have several holes in my vinyl siding. I have no extra siding to replace it and the color has been discontinued. How can I repair those holes myself?

Installing vinyl siding over cedar siding [ 4 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to install vinyl siding right over top of cedar siding?

Hardie Plank Siding for Addition [ 2 Answers ]

I will soon be adding an addition to my home. We will effectively be enclosing a "dog ear" in the current house's footprint, squaring it off with the rest of the home. The house is constructed from solid brick (8" thick, but the addition will be constructed with wood studs and covered in Hardie...

Hardie Plank Siding Painting questions [ 1 Answers ]

Well, we finally have our house and addition all sided. We used Hardi plank siding that came pre-primed. The installer suggested using a sherwin williams paint that was supposed to be almost a liquid vinyl. I went to the SW site and I couldn't find it. I did receive a flyer the other day...

View more questions Search