Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Asher2364 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2010, 10:47 AM
    Do I have a good chance of early release from probation?
    So here's my story:

When I was 17 I sold an oz of pot to a confidential informant on two occasions. I was charged shortly after my 18th birthday, and received two years probation, three months in huber (jail work release), and a felony. I opted into probation so I could get the felony expunged, as I was a first time offender with a lot to lose.

I was sentenced in Walworth County and did my time there; I was then placed on probation in Dane county as that is where my parents were living. I filed for an interstate compact to Texas and was granted it, so shortly after my jail term I enrolled in school in Austin, TX. After a year had passed on probation, I requested that my probation officer in Dane County grant me early discharge. She blatantly denied it without reason and I have since found out she has spoken with her other clients on probation about me. Specifically that I "never learn my lesson" and "need to stop using and abusing marijuana", despite the fact that every drug test I have taken has come up clean as a whistle.

She will no longer return my phone calls.

I have been through drug therapy, passed my tests, paid ALL of my fines have not been in any trouble and I have gotten good grades. I am going to school to become a teacher so I can help kids to avoid the mistakes I have made.

I truly am rehabilitated and have found a new purpose, but while on probation it is impossible to hone my skills. People typically do not want children around felons, and teaching kids in Chile (my dream for next summer) is unobtainable unless I get off probation. I have until August of next year.

Is there any way to get around her? Can I go straight to the court and have them hear my side of the story? I have a valid argument and can articulate well... I feel like if I got the chance to plead my case, I wouldn't have an issue. But my probation officer is convinced I am the scum of the earth.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2010, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher2364 View Post
    Is there any way to get around her? Can I go straight to the court and have them hear my side of the story? I have a valid argument and can articulate well... I feel like if I got the chance to plead my case, I wouldn't have an issue. But my probation officer is convinced I am the scum of the earth.
    Hello A:

Sure. Write the judge a letter telling him what you told us here. Leave the bad mouthing of your PO out of it, though, and send her a copy. Send your letter certified, return receipt requested.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early release from probation [ 10 Answers ]

Can I get released early from probation in Pennsylvania?

Early release of probation [ 2 Answers ]

I want to file a motion to be released from probation early so I can join the navy. I have taken the exam and passed however I can't be on probation. I am unable to find 1 of the 3 forms needed to file with the court, the motion form. Can anyone help me?

Getting early release from probation [ 1 Answers ]

I have been serving on Felony probation for drug offenses in Ga. Since May of 2002 as part of a 10 year, first offender probation sentence. I have had my fines paid off since May of 04 and also been involved in AA and helped to start an NA meeting in my community in Feb. of 04. My question is , how...

Early release of probation [ 1 Answers ]

I plead guilty to reckless driving after being arrested for dui. I received 1 year probation, with possible early termination I should be done with all requirements a month or so in. how early could I possibly be released?

Early release from probation [ 1 Answers ]

I have served 3 years and 3 months of my 5-year probation term. I have completed my community service hours and have paid restitution in full. This was my only offense (PC 487 (a) grand theft of property over $400) which by the way is a non-violent crime. I have no arrests or any negative contact...

View more questions Search