Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    h-bomb187 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 05:08 AM
    Girlfriend in ghana
    Hello fellow members,

I have a friend in ghana that wants to come to america and get married. Supposedly she is single and living with parents and not a scammer. Already purchased passport and sent copy to me but still not trusting all the info coming from her. Is there a way that I can verify if the passport is correct and whether this person is married or not?
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2006, 09:44 PM
    She's a scammer. My first clue was her wanting to marry you even though you never met.
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Dec 28, 2006, 03:28 PM
    I'm assuming the two of you have met before you started going out and if you haven't then I don't know what to say. If you do feel strongly about wanting to marry this woman, might I suggest that you visit her in Ghana first and find out what she is like from those who know her (and those who don't), and then if you still want to proceed with the union then you could marry her in Ghana, that way you would be ccertain of whether the passport is genuine or not.
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Dec 28, 2006, 04:31 PM
    Be careful, unlike America, public records can be adjusted for the correct price, so it would be difficult but not impossible. However, I question; how does the word friend indicate marriage. Sounds like a contract to me; however... getting into one is easy, getting out of it would be extremely difficult and risky. The state of your own freedom and welfare is being gambled with. Know what you are doing... give it much consideration and deliberation
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2006, 04:41 PM
    And many of these people use the same passport and info for dozens of people, and what you have are 60 year old ladies and others talking on the phone or working for companies that scam people.

Next you do know that normally to marry someone from another nation like this, you have to visit that nation normally, part of the INS codes, so you need to plan a trip there to visit. Also you should know just because you marry that does not give her a automatic citizenship, and she will need a visa to come into the nation

And no there is no way to check with there government, there is just way too much fraud there.

First how did you meet, was it a dating service, not some mass email ?
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Dec 28, 2006, 05:43 PM
    If she asks you for money, it's a scam. Just wait, it'll happen. I know four people that have fallen for it. She'll come up with a story soon that says she's on the way to the airport and she got robbed or some other bull and she'll ask for money. Don't do it!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

GHANA passport and visa [ 14 Answers ]

Does anybody have answer on following questions: - If a Ghananian applies at Ghananian authorities for international passport, how much does that cost? - If a Ghananian applies at German embassy for tourist or aupair visa, how much does that cost? Thank you very much for helping me Best from...

Ghana passport and visa [ 12 Answers ]

My girlfriend lives in ghana and wants to move here to england to live with me.How can I help her get a passport and visa?how much do they cost?

My girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My girlfriend is a cutter She did in the past, then stopped, then after meeting a friend of hers Who still does she started again. Now I will admit that when I found out I did flip out a bit and I probably shouldn't of but now she won't talk to me, and I have been trying my best to help her...

Ex girlfriend [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am having trouble with an ex girlfriend. When I was 17 I went out with this girl for about 18months and it was our first love, it ended when she went to university and I was getting jealous about her being out all the time, and I suppose I was a bit obsessed. It took me quite a while to...

Just saw ex girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

I just went to the going away party of my ex girlfriend's best friend. We were together for 2 years when she decided that she wanted a break. That was 7 months ago and now I miss her a heap. She is so beautiful but I just can't seem to flirt with her, even though I have no trouble flirting with...

View more questions Search