Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dayslug24 Posts: 62, Reputation: 5

Sep 8, 2010, 05:17 AM
    Trench dam in sanitary sewer
    Why do most city codes require a trench dam in gravity sewer line from house to the main sanitary sewer - what does this dam actually do?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 8, 2010, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dayslug24 View Post
    Why do most city codes require a trench dam in gravity sewer line from house to the main sanitary sewer - what does this dam actually do?
    Trench dams are there to prevent ground water from running under the sewer pipe and eroding the bedding gravel.
    The dam may be built out of clay or it can be manufactured, To learn more click on: Features
    Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to access sanitary sewer line [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install a full bathroom in my basement I have broken through basement concrete floor around the sanitary sewer .I see a cast iron elbow.I understand how to break this pipe and remove the elbow.How can I sleeve this and have a 3 inch access for my sewage from my new bathroom and I also...

Using Trench drains? [ 3 Answers ]

We have had a bit a water problem in our basement. When it rains hard the rain rolls down the exterior basement steps pretty hard and the drain at the bottom of the steps is not big enough to keep up with the heavy rainfalls. It is OK to install a trench drain at the stop of the stairs and...

Create dam for Self Leveling Concrete [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I'm working on retiling my bathroom, and I need to pour self leveling concrete to level the floor. I realize that the floor only needs to be flat, but I also would like it to be level. I have expansion foam to go around the perimeter of the room, but there are some areas that I need to dam,...

Worm_sdbot.dam & Troj_dloader.zs [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, my name is Joe. I need help! I have fallen prey to two viruses that since infected I have noticed a dramatic change (sometimes) in system preformance. Freezing programs, windows, etc. I have Trend Micro PC-cillan Internet Security and NoAdware among seemingly every other...

View more questions Search