Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katalinak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2010, 03:30 AM
    I was asked verbally to move so a relative could move in. relocation fees?
    The next month after my landlady was upset and was rude to me because I did not pay the rent 3 days early, I dropped off my rent and was told to move in 30 days so a relative could move in. Since I had paid last month's rent (is that legal or should it be security?) he told me I could have 60 days. When I arrived home I was met by my neighbor who is the daughter in law of the landlords, who then told me that my boyfriend was dealing drugs from the house in my absence.He has been living with me for a majority of the time, & both the landlords and my neighbor knew he was helping me significantly with the rent. I have since become employed since I first moved in.
    For the past almost 60 days I have been in a extreme state of anxiety, depression, stress, and afraid to have or having to explain anyone who visits my house. I have packed over 90 boxes, & trying to find a job and A NEW HOME! I have a 16 year old son who lived with me. I have physical and legal custody and gdo not receive child support.
    Today I am told that I can stay until December, then play it by ear. As long as my boyfriend is not allowed at all. He can 'pick me up'. I have saved a text message how a cousin is going to move in. Today I was told that the cousin 'was not ready' and I could stay. This is so confusing and scary. I think now they just want more rent, nothing has been in writing.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 8, 2010, 05:12 AM

I read through that only to find, with disappointment, that you neglected to ask a question.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 8, 2010, 05:25 AM

This is true, what is your question? Apparently you no longer have a lease with a term so are probably month to month. Given that, your tenancy can be terminated with proper notice. However, notice does need to be in writing.

Was your boyfriend dealing drugs? Most of the information you posted was superfluous, but you left out the one important thing and that's your general locale since laws vary by area.

So please define what you need help with.
    kalliereann Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Sep 8, 2010, 10:59 PM
    I have no idea what you're trying to ask, but:

1) Landlords can give 30 or 60 days notice to vacate.
    2) If your boyfriend was dealing drugs on their grounds and is known to be your guest, you are responsible for any guest's actions while on the grounds or in your unit. That is illegal activity and grounds for eviction.
    3) If it is that much of a problem, just find somewhere else to live.
    4) It also seems that your boyfriend is living in the unit without being a legal resident, which is usually also grounds for eviction and in most cases an automatic increase in rent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am on the deed but not the mortgage, in divorce can I be asked to move? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I are not together but we still live in our home. I am not on the mortgage but my name is on the deed. The court suggests that we sell the home. He is willing to move out until the divorce is final but who gets the home. I can't pay for it. Can he be made to pay the mortgage for...

Can my 2 yr. Old son, her brother,& I or anyone asked to move ,in be forced to move [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriends sister asked myself,my 2 yr. old and her brother to move in with her because she was divorcing her husband & was afraid to stay there alone. Her husband broke in the house by smashing the glass on the inside kitchen door, the police were called and she went to court for an order of...

Being asked to Move by Ex-Girlfriend [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I moved in with my ex-girlfriend about 3 months ago. I asked to rent her basement for 3 months. We never signed any agreements. Since my 3 months is about up she is now asking me to leave. I've had some difficulties during the 3 months which used all my cash. I need to know can I just be...

My fianc? Asked for space and asked me to move out. [ 11 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have one child together. She has a child with an ex. The child is autistic (found out this year). We have been fighting a lot because of the stress from therapy and all of his app. We have not been having sex a lot lately and not been getting along because she is having a hard time...

How do I kick out a tenanat who I already asked to move out several times? [ 1 Answers ]

About one year ago I leased my house to an elder couple. We didn't make a contract but I told her my son wanted to get married and would probably just notify her when I needed the house. She was OK with this. Now on sept. 17, 2007 I asked her to start looking for a house because we would need the...

View more questions Search