Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 06:03 PM
    16G Flash Drive is not recognized by my computer
    I tried to install a flash drive on my Dell computer which uses the XP Home Edition operating system. The flash drive is a USB device which is simply not recognized. I need help to make this work.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 7, 2010, 06:28 PM

Does the drive have power? Did you format it?
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 07:30 PM
    How do you format a flash drive? I thought you just plug it in as plug and play.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 8, 2010, 04:15 AM

You format like it was any other hard drive. Most have a light on them to tell when they have power.
    ivankruss Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

Oct 2, 2010, 03:25 PM
    First find out what the exact model of Your flash drive is. Open Google and type in the exact model, followed by "driver". 90 % of the cases You will find a link to download the correct driver for your operating system. Download it, install it. Unplug and plug in your flash drive again, or even better restart Your windows and then plug in your usb drive again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My DVD drive is not being recognized. Can you help? [ 1 Answers ]

My DVDRW drive is not being recognized by my computer. Basically I have my computer set up with a DVDRW on top of a DVD drive. One day my computer stopper recognizing the disc drives properly and it saw the drive on top as a DVD drive and the one on the bottom as a DVD/CDRW. The bottom drive still...

Hard Drive Not Recognized [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Thanks for providing this service. I desperately need help on trouble-shooting my hard drive. It has all my data and does not bootup as a Master or accessible as a Slave. I have checked all the cables, jumpers, and the BIOS settings. At booting the message says, " Operating System Not Found."...

Hard drive not recognized [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dell optiplex gx270. It has been working fine until now. It started freezing up on me and then when I rebooted I got message "press F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup". I went into setup and the hard drive did not show up. It said unknown device for primary IDE device. After shutting down...

Drive Not Recognized in Windows XP [ 2 Answers ]

!! PLEASE HELP ME!! Okay, I have been beating my head against the wall for two days now, and I have been without my system for a week, so I'd really appreciate the help. I built a system three days ago and everything was going perfectly had programs up and functioning great. I have two...

View more questions Search