Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2010, 05:21 PM
    A friend committed suicide
    Just a few days ago a friend committed suicide... It hasn't really hit me yet that she is gone, I saw her the night before she was found, she seemed happy and everything seemed just fine.. My best friend is really upset and keeps asking my why, why her.. I don't know what to say to her or how to help her through (she was a lot closer to the girl than I was) she was supposed to stay the night at the girls house but decided to stay at my house because she couldn't get a ride across town, and she keeps saying if she stayed there it wouldn't have happened, I keep telling her that there was other people there and it still happened she couldn't have stopped it... I need suggestions on what to do, I know my
    Friend needs me but I don't know how to help her...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2010, 07:41 PM

Many times saying nothing, just being there to listen to them when they want to talk. First it is not your or her fault, but people often want or feel a need to take blame when something can not be explained. Obviously she has some level of mental problems that would allow for this to happen. Next suggest that she and maybe even you, visit a couselor for this, or at least go to a grief program.
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2010, 08:00 PM
    I've asked if she wanted to go see a counceller, I told her we could
    Go together... But when she was younger she told her counceller something and the counceller told her parents, so she no longer trusts them... So far I think I'm fine, I just can't believe she's gone, it seems like a joke, and it never actually happened... It's strange.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does committed mean [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are committed.What does that mean.Does the mean we are in a sex relationship

Having my sister committed [ 2 Answers ]

My sister is 24 years old and has been married for 4 years. She is wanting a divorce and is basing it on a emotional connection with another man. But she is acting irrational, depressed, confused, and angry. She has 2 young children and is not thinking clear. As her immediate family can she be...

Can I be committed if [ 6 Answers ]

Can I be committed if I told people at work I wanted to kill myself or ask some one to put me out of my misery put never tried to hurt myself?

Historical Teen Girls Movie- Suicide or Suicide Attempt? [ 1 Answers ]

I remember watching a movie as a teen- about 10-15 years ago on Showtime or HBO. I think it took place around WWII, with a teenage girl that befriends a new girl at their school, which I think was an all-girls school. The girls meet with other girls (friends) from the school in the woods behind the...

View more questions Search