Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chun_133 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 03:21 PM
    I had a aic sugar test today and my test cam back high it was 6.2 do I have dieabets?
    I have poly cystic ovary and I have been on sugar pills for high insulln levels and now I'm on blood pressure pils because my blood pressure is always high.I wanted to know if I have dieabets because my aic came back as 6.2 today I go back to dr next week when she gets back *** help me
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 03:32 PM

Your level is elevated but not necessarily to the point of diagnosing diabetes. Ideally it would be under 6 and some doctors will use 6.5 as a determining factor for diabetes, but that is just one factor. A slightly elevated A1c alone is not usually enough to diagnose diabetes. (this will depend on the doctor and what guideline they follow)
    It would not be unusual for you to be what is considered pre-diabetic or glucose intolerant with having PCOS... it is fairly common, although not absolute.

Your doctor will discuss that they use to determine any sort of diagnosis. They will likely suggest, if you haven't already, to start monitoring your blood sugar levels for awhile and then retest in about 3 months with another A1C. They should also discuss ways to help keep your levels within the norm... such as how you eat and exercising regularly. If they don't bring it up, you may want to ask about having a referral to a dietician who can guide you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was recently UA tested for Oxycodone. My test came back negative, the test papers s [ 13 Answers ]

Recently I was UA tested for Oxycodone. The test came back negative, the test papers said - U Oxycodone Lvl: Oxycodone detection limit 100ng/ml. Reference Range: Negative I am taking 10mg Oxycodone every 12 hours. The test was taken almost exactly 12 hours from my last dose. I cannot tell...

I had a urine test today for alcohol and I need to know something [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, Today I was drinking around like 8:40ish in the morning (Vodka,and some other stuff but I mixed it with A lot of orange juice) Than I got a urine test at 12-1ish in the after noon I drank tons of water And had something to eat I am wondering if this test will come back positive or...

I have to test today in a few hours! [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday I inhaled 3 vicodans. I weigh 220 pounds and I have to take a drug test in a few hours. What can I do?? rayburn07

Sugar test [ 8 Answers ]

I am almost 27 weeks and I go for a sugar test tommarow the one hour test or you can call it gluclose test any way I was wondering if it is OK to eat something before the test doc did not tell me in order but I do not go until 230 and I have to wait until after my appt and I stay sick so I was...

View more questions Search