Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Greyskull Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2004, 08:30 AM
    Metal and non metal temperature
    Can anyone tell me why metals are or appear to be colder than non metals?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2004, 06:30 PM
    Re: metal and non metal temperature
    Metals are higher in conductivity and heat capacity than other common materials. They absorb heat from your skin faster than other things, cooling your skin more.
    Greyskull Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2004, 10:09 PM
    Re: metal and non metal temperature
    :) Thanks very much.. .
    newcomer2011 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 12:40 PM
    Metal moleculas have free electrons, that makes metals to gain heat and cold faster than non-metals. Metals also expand and contract much more than non-metals.In metal roof application for example linear expansion of metal roof panels is between 1/2" and 1" approximately.Anyway, you will need an insulation under the metal roof.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Metal Roof Construction [ 8 Answers ]

A contractor is putting on a metal roof for me but I have an issue I hope someone can answer I have a hip roof(4sided roof that meets as a common peak)... The metal where the roofs meet at each of the four corners have gaps running from the bottom of my roof to the top.. They say the ridge...

Heavy Metal Band [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about a 1980's "hair" heavy metal band called Saints and Sinners. Their biggest hit was "Rip It Up" but I would like to know about their history and members.

Metal flange [ 4 Answers ]

My toilet was wobbling from side to side. We removed the toilet and found that they flange was not screwed to the floor. The flange is made out lead. Is there a way to fix the flange without having to remove the floor. Thanks

Metal vs. Wood stud walls [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am planning our basement and would like to get anyone's opinion on using metal vs wood to do the framing. Everything I've read indicates that metal is much easier to work with and can be done in a more quick time frame. I also did some research and the costs are identical...

Plastic vs metal pipes? - replacement [ 4 Answers ]

I am replacing the 1 1/2" OD thin metal piping underneath my kitchen faucet. It is corroded. My choices are to replace it with metal or plastic. Is one better than the other? Are there advantages/disadvantages of one versus the other. My intuition tells me to replace it with plastic...

View more questions Search