Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Walker2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 10:00 AM
    Can I land an entry level chemical engineering position with a B.Sc. Chemistry?
    Hi, I have my Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (not B.Eng. Chemical Engineer), but would like to work as a chemical engineer. I know there are tests in which I can take to earn my E.I.T. (engineer in training) at which point the accreditation body will say I am Equivalent to a B.Eng. Chem. Eng. but will I be considered for the same jobs? i.e. will I even land a job or will I be outcompeted by B.Eng. Chem. Eng.'s?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 10:22 AM

So... why haven't you taken these tests to earn the E.I.T. yet?

It's a moot issue, because until you do then you will most certainly be not even be considered for jobs the require that specific degree, must less be merely outcompeted.

Now is the time to do it. Because even with that degree, you WILL be considered as an entry level hire. As you have no experience working in that field. As are every other College graduates in a specific field. Its when you start actually that job the real educations starts. College gave you the tools... it didn't teach you everything there is to learn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Entry level position [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a senior undergraduate bio major and I'm looking for an entry level position at a hospital after I graduate in the spring to gain more experience in patient care. In about a year I hope to go on to a master's physician's assistant school. Do you know of any positions where you don't need more...

[HELP]gr11 chemistry - predicting chemical reactions and balancing chemical equations [ 5 Answers ]

hey can nebody help me with my chemistry hmwk? i dun really get it... :confused: thanks! For each of the following reactions, determine what the products of each reaction will be. When you have predicted the products, balance the equation and use a table of solubility products to...

View more questions Search