Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cvinther2006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2010, 08:18 PM
    If the father of my child gives up his rights will I lose my child care assistance?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2010, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cvinther2006 View Post
    If the father of my child gives up his rights will I lose my child care assistance?
    This should really be posted under "Family Law" so I've requested that your thread be moved.

There is a sticky at the top of the Family Law forum regarding termination of parental rights which you can read here:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-116098.html
    It's not a easy process and the courts are hesitant to do it unless there is another party willing to adopt the child. Also, if you're receiving state assistance I'm sure the odds of them "letting him off the hook" so to speak would be slim to none - the state will want him to be held financially responsible for his child which he helped create, not simply place the burden on the taxpayers.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 9, 2010, 09:59 AM

Please pay more attention to the instructions on the screen. The title box is only to briefly describe your question. For us to help you, you need to provide details. That's what the larger box is for.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that the father can give up his rights. By child care assistance, do you mean his child support or public assistance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a mother lose her rights to the father if the child is missing too much school. [ 5 Answers ]

My husband just found out that his son has excessive unexcused absences from school and also found out that he went to an alterative school for smoking marijuana. The child’s mother never informed him of their child educational well being. Can the mom lose full custodial rights to their son?

Child care assistance for childern with disability [ 2 Answers ]

Ok my name is Jason and Im asking this Question for a friend we stay in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. She has a disable son who has Cerebral Plasy.Its hard for her to work cause she has no one to care for her child. So our question is, Is there any type of government program that will help pay for child...

Can father of my unborn child receive custody or visitation rights after child is bor [ 5 Answers ]

I am pregnant and the babies father is going after custody or visitation when the child is born. He is very abusive and does have a violent record from the past. He is been making many threats towards me and my unborn child. He has even stated that once he has the child in his hands he stated that...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

View more questions Search