Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jerry2Wire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 08:27 PM
    Sub panel wiring
    I have a 50 amp GFCI breaker in my subpanel box to be used by a hot tub. I noticed that the breaker has a post for the neutral wire load. Is it necessary to use this post or can my load neutral wire be connected to the neutral bus (same as breaker pigtail and supply neutral)?
    Jamespuck Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 07:51 AM
    No Load nuetral must be put on the breaker not the bar. Most spas have a 240v 4 wire system, because some componants run 110v, you need a neutral.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

200 amp panel feeding a 100 amp panel roughly 130' away [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, We are building a apartment above the garage,my question is what size wire do I need to run from the 200 amp panel to the 100 amp panel roughly 130' away? I want to use aluminum wire as I think copper would be to costly. Thanks for your help in advance, Dude :eek:

Sub-panel [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, Wednesday the electricians are coming out to swap out the existing 100amp panel with a 200. Which is more practical and economical... installing a sub-panel on the 2nd floor (where the bedrooms & bathroom are) to supply the upstairs or running all the necessary circuits to each room...

Baseboard Heating - Panel Wiring [ 4 Answers ]

I wired my 220V electric baseboard heaters on to Cutler Hammer 20 Amp Double Pole breakers but now they don't work. The panel is all double pole breakers but the original baseboard heater wiring was staggered, so each hot wire was on a different double pole breaker. I now have each hot wire...

Sub Panel [ 1 Answers ]

I'm Remodeling My House From 2000sqft To 3900sq-ft And I Will Like To Know What Size Panel I Should Put And Brand?

Sub panel 40 amp wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 70 amp sub panel. I'm trying to figure out how to wire in a 40amp breaker in the sub from the panel in my house. I have two hot wires coming in to separate lugs, one neutral, but the breaker itself has one trip/reset lever yet has two screws on the bottom of the breaker;one on each side....

View more questions Search