Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 9, 2010, 03:33 AM

Yes, we do need to be on here at the same time.

I will be on, hopefully, tomorrow night, but not sure of the time. I will be at work and it will depend on how busy we are here.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 9, 2010, 12:53 PM

If you were to get a messenger program like Yahoo or msn or aim. Then you can talk directly and send the files in html format for review to each other or to those helping you. It may be easier for you. Any browser should be able to review them in that format.
    Expert

Sep 9, 2010, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    If you were to get a messanger program like yahoo or msn or aim. Then you can talk directly and send the files in html format for review to eachother or to those helping you. It may be easier for you. Any browser should be able to review them in that format.

I have both, however most of the time I'm here at work and cannot DL any of those programs. :(
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 12:51 AM
    Are you around here now, J_9?
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 12:57 AM

Yup, Clough, I'm here.
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 12:58 AM
    For how long?
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 01:07 AM

Don't know. Never know when patient might come up in labor.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 01:10 AM

How rude. Interrupting you with something trivial like labor. :D
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 01:12 AM
    Okay. I'll cut to the chase then.

Are you ready to "rock" at least for a little while with some interruptions. We can get at least a little bit done in a short time to get you really started.

Thanks!
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 01:14 AM

I can try Clough, but when a patient comes up, since I am the ONLY nurse up here, interruptions are not permitted.

So. Let's go!
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 01:19 AM
    Your going to get the most exposure the fastest by placing ads on the Internet. A website can come later.

Please join Hoobly Free Classifieds and let me know when you've done that. Please also select a location that is nearest to where you'll be wanting to do business.
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 01:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    Agreed! LOL! :D
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 01:35 AM

Okay, I've joined and registered
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 01:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty rude of them. Like they think having a baby can't wait! :p
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 01:45 AM

So, I found Hunting Classifieds in my area, now what?
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 01:52 AM
    Hey, GREAT that you joined the site!

Now, let's work on an ad. You can always change your ads on that website if you need to. Some sites won't let a person change their ads, and they might not let a person know that. Regardless though, it's important that what anyone puts on the Internet in ads or on a website be as correct as possible the first time because the residual, not as good, or incorrect information can linger for quite some time in searches on the various search engines.

We need to check out the competition around where your husband would like do the work since advertising on the local level is going to be the easiest way to learn how to word anything so that it beats or really competes with the competition.

Please know that anything I write about this is going to be assuming that you don't know some things even though you might know more than I think that you do. That's just in case I might be sounding like we're really on the beginning level of doing this. Additionally, if I have to ask you a lot of questions as to what you do know, then it will take up a lot of time that we really don't need to be spending. You'll find out what I don't know about what you really know, in short order.

If you feel comfortable in doing so, would you please post a tiny url to a search for the competition or the website of a competitor around where your husband would be doing the work, please? If I can see how much competition there is, then I'll know better in how to proceed.

For instance, one of the things that I do is to give piano lessons. I needed to check out all of the competition that I could find locally in order to beat the competition and music stores that offered that service by advertising on the Internet.

Here's a link to a search for that service around where I live, but not in the city where I live. I'm first after the paid advertising and in at least a few other places on the first page.

LINK

Thanks!
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 02:06 AM

Hey, hun. I have a patient coming up. Don't know if I'll admit them or if they'll be an outpatient so I have to go for now.

Hope to get on again very soon.:(

Thanks for your help so far Clough. If I can't get on again tonight, I'll be here same time same place tomorrow night.
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 02:15 AM
    I'll try to be on earlier tomorrow instead of this late. Don't know though, because a friend might be coming over to where I'm house and dog sitting tomorrow night. I should be on here a little while longer though from now...

I'll keep the ideas coming. We really do need to know somehow what the competition is like and what they are using as words and phrases in what they have on the Internet. It's okay to use words and phrases of the competition, as long as the ones used aren't a part of the name of their business or a direct slogan that they use that's directly associated with only their business. The issue of using the name of their business is one thing... However, using the slogans is arguable. But, best to not be infringing so much on others as to cause them to possibly take any kind of action.

Later...
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 04:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    We need to check out the competition around where your husband would like do the work since advertising on the local level is going to be the easiest way to learn how to word anything so that it beats or really competes with the competition.
    That's just it Clough. There is NO competition. He is the only Master Gunsmith for 100s and 100s of miles!
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 04:20 AM
    Aren't there any places that at least repair guns locally that might not be Master Gunsmiths?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free People Finder Websites [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for some free people search websites. Can anybody give me a comprehensive list of these sites? Also, can anybody provide me with sites that let me know if someone has died? Thanks.

Free movie websites? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can watch free movies online without downloading them or registering for a website?

Free poker websites [ 9 Answers ]

Are there any poker websites that are free. And you wouldn't loose any money or gain any.

Know Any Websites With Some Free mp3s? [ 1 Answers ]

This Is Tha First question I everasked on this site: Does Anyone know Some Websies I Can go on where I can go to download free mp3s With no credit card required besides downloads.knsider.com??

View more questions Search