Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miimii Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2010, 06:29 PM
    What are the people called who live in anartica?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 6, 2010, 06:35 PM

By and large they're called "Scientists." Although several have lived there several years, their citizenships are elsewhere.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 6, 2010, 06:35 PM

They are called INUIT. Which means 'indians not under indian treaty'. By the way, it isn't quite anarctica, but close enough.

Tick
    Expert

Sep 6, 2010, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    By and large they're called "Scientists." Although several have lived there several years, their citizenships are elsewhere.

What!?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 6, 2010, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    they are called INUIT. Which means 'indians not under indian treaty'. By the way, it isnt quite anarctica, but close enough.

tick
    Tick,

All the Inuit tribes I'm aware of live in the Arctic areas rather than the Antarctic.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 01:21 AM
    Hi, miimii!

Do you mean if there was an indigenous population there?

Thanks!
    Expert

Sep 7, 2010, 03:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, miimii!

Thanks!
    Hi Clough, I assumed that is what OP meant, so answered INUIT. I could not have assumed otherwise. What else could OP mean ?

Tick
    Expert

Sep 7, 2010, 03:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, miimii!

Thanks!
    Hi Clough, I assumed that is what OP meant, so answered INUIT. I could not have assumed otherwise. What else could OP mean ? Although no one can live in the farthest reaches of Anarctica. The population in our far north is INUIT (eskimo).

Tick
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 04:16 AM
    Here's the correct answer: Antarctica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 7, 2010, 08:37 AM

People who live in Antactica are called "visitors." Many are researchers and support staff, but there are also tourists who visit Antarctica. As Catsmine pointed out, there are no citizens of Antarctica, so living there is purely temporary.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2010, 12:18 AM
    Originally Posted by Clough

Hi, miimii!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Hi Clough, I assumed that is what OP meant, so answered INUIT. I could not have assumed otherwise. What else could OP mean ? Although no one can live in the farthest reaches of Anarctica. The population in our far north is INUIT (eskimo).

Tick
    Hi, tickle!

I didn't know. That's why I asked.

Without us knowing further information, an original poster could possibly have any number of reasons for asking a question.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Site for people who have to live with people with addictions [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, everyone. Wish I could say I'm doin' all right, but right now... Well I just can't.:( For years I've tried my best coping with having to live with people around me who abuse drugs and acohol, and I'm fed up. I can't do it anymore. Its really hard because of the drugs and the alcohol being used...

What are live miniature trees called? [ 2 Answers ]

What are miniature trees called? I forgot. They grow them in china and trim the roots and branches to make them decorative and can be grown in your home.

How sang a 80s song called some people are made for each other [ 3 Answers ]

Who sang 80s song called some people are made for each other

I can't remember what this movie is called people get stranded at abandoned airport [ 3 Answers ]

I can't remember what this movie is called People get Stranded in an abandoned airport after their plane goes down (everybody disappeared off the plane except for about 5 or 6 people) and there's a deaf lady and she can hear strange noises outside of the airport (which are monsters) Please...

Is it possible for two people with different religions to live together? [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible for two people with different relisions to live together, I mean get married? And someone keep telling me that muslim guys are very hard to get alone with?Is that true?These questions confused me for a long time!! For me, I always believe that once there is love,then there will be...

View more questions Search