Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ksteele3307 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 05:52 PM
    Kenmore ultra wash model 665 control lock
    I have a Kenmore ultra Wash 665 SN# FH1513502 Model# 15955 my washer is in control lock and when I depress the start button the lED flashes three times, What is the problem and how do I correct it
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Dec 26, 2006, 06:59 PM
    You can try unplugging it and plugging it back in. Check the manual to see what a "control lock" is. That's the trouble with those computerized appliances. With the proper literature, the appliance can almost explain to you what's wrong, but without the proper literature, your up the creek.
    jenniez123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 9, 2007, 11:03 AM
    I have seen a number of posts on this issue. Yesterday my toddler also just set the "control lock" on this dishwasher. Unfortunately unplugging and/or turning off the power does not work (tried last night - turned off power all night to machine) All you need to do is press (and hold for 10 seconds) the no heat dry button.
    frankysan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniez123 View Post
    I have seen a number of posts on this issue. Yesterday my toddler also just set the "control lock" on this dishwasher. Unfortunately unplugging and/or turning off the power does not work (tried last night - turned off power all night to machine) All you need to do is press (and hold for 10 seconds) the no heat dry button.
    Worked for me too! Thanks Jenniez123. The button on mine is the Heated Dry button. Manual and instructions on the door says to push it 4 seconds. It needed 8-10 seconds to get it "unstuck". Thanks again, now I have clean dishes.
    sadiefan2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 07:34 PM
    For some who doesn't have the no heat setting and has the air dry one just push it for 4 to 10 sec and it will unlock the dishwasher.
    kiaramac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniez123 View Post
    Worked for me too! Thanks saved me $$$$$$$$$$ I really appreciate it!
    mskrad97 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2010, 04:24 PM
    Thanks! Worked for me too! I can cancel my service call.
    mdcase Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2011, 08:32 PM
    Notes on the 665 manual... "The dishwasher door can be opened while the controls are locked. You can turn on lock while dishwasher is running. If you press ANY pad while your dishwasher is locked, the light flashes 3 times. Press on hold NO HEAT DRY for 4 seconds. The light turns off. Might work on yours, hasn't fixed mine! mdcase
    MelodyAnn12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 06:53 PM
    That worked!! Thanks!
    dthues Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 08:44 AM
    My door wouldn't close. Seemed to be the latch. I pressed down gently on the silver latch on the tub side and latch would now engage. Simple. Cancelled repairman.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore elite model quiet guard 7 model 665. [ 12 Answers ]

Six month old dishwasher. Worked fine until today - won't start. LIghts are on and control panel seems to be working OK. The "Clean" indicator is flashing in intervals of 7 flashes and then pauses. When I select the "Start" button it flashes red 3 times and then nothing. The "Drain/Cancel"...

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher model #665.1703, Flashing light-won't start [ 118 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher. It will not start. The light above normal wash is flashing continuously. Any advice will be helpful. Our warranty ran out 9 days ago:rolleyes: Thank-you in advance:o

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher that is approximately 5 years old. About 3 weeks ago the lock light started blinking. I held the No Heat button for 4 seconds to unlock which it did, but still will not start. Now, the delay 2 hour light is constantly blinking and my dishwasher still...

Kenmore Ultra Wash not draining [ 1 Answers ]

Dishwasher doesn't drain after cycle..

Kenmore ultra wash [ 2 Answers ]

I have a kenmore ultra wash that I inherited with a house about 6 years ago. All was fine until recently when it became apparent that the dishes were no longer coming out of the dishwasher clean. Glasses come out with a film on them, silverware still looks dirty, plates dirty... Has the thing...

View more questions Search