Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qbp54321 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2004, 10:50 PM
    Career choices
    What Major would you suggest for a person who absolutely LOVES chemistry and biology and most other sciences? Thanks
    baoloa Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2004, 12:11 AM
    Re: Career choices
    Umm.. why not chemistry or biology??  But if you really want to know what the hottest area in these fields today is, it is computational biology (do a Google on the phrase).  To do this you need to study both a biological science and either computer programming or mathematics.

Paul
    Saker Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2005, 07:13 AM
    If you want to combine both of these, you could become a Biochemist like me. Best of both worlds, I've also got a lot of experience in computers and bioinformatics (sort of like computational biology), which I've found helps a lot.
    setexenv Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Aug 20, 2009, 12:12 PM

Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering is also another possibility. But keep in mind that a degree is not necessarily a vocation (unless you teach at a University). A degree is your field of study. A vocation is a job. There is a difference. You really need to think about what job you want to do after graduating (admittedly that is hard, but you can research jobs for biochemists for example; they're not all the same)... that will tell you what degree you want to pursue and what elective classes you want to take.
    samuelspeak Posts: 71, Reputation: 5

Jun 18, 2011, 01:48 AM
    Science offers a vast and exciting career choice. Maybe you can go for Life science. Life science is a very broad field that includes dozens of disciplines, from biology and chemistry, to botany, genetics, health science, neuroscience and medicine. Life scientists' common goal is to explore the factors surrounding life in general and find ways to improve it and possibly correct imperfections in the overall balance. Depending on their particular specialization, life scientists may be more concerned with the theoretical side of things, or practical experiments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Career help. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I'm junior at the University.and my subjects are Psychology,marketing,economics,accounting.I want to bean administrative manager.I need guidance like what major should I take? Like should I go in to Finance, Marketing or etc? Thanks.

Career help [ 3 Answers ]

I'm working as a support executive. I want to know how is the career growth in this field. Please reply

So Many Choices [ 8 Answers ]

This is a complex part of my life. Can anybody PLEASE tell me about the dark haired man that I know so well and care for so much. He has "problems" in his life, and I have "problems" in my life... very, very different problems. I'm looking for a reading... whatever you seems to get. It could...

Help with my career [ 1 Answers ]

My date of birth is 23.08.80, I really want to be something like a model but can't decide if I should pursue medicine or glamour business. Can anyone help me decide what I should be? I can't take a shot at both, if I fail to be something I won't get any other chance,so I really need to decide.help!

Unable to make our own choices, [ 2 Answers ]

My dear fellow friends,I say that it is time for us to unite under one god,our way of life is at risk our freedoms are being taken away from us while our nation's people look on without response,our people deserve the loss of freedoms and to be enslaved to those that have risen to the top with...

View more questions Search