Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 09:33 PM
    Side note to asking... I get all my cats from shelters and almost never at a super young age, so it's usually too late for me to do any of those "needs done when young kitten" type things. I get what I get.

The one who lets me clip her claws is also OK with me touching them to an extent. First time I caught her on the counter she looked terribly guilty, as though she'd been trained. I think she was trained and handled - but got left behind when someone moved or something.

My other cat can't stand me touching his paws, and he also won't stop biting despite training. He doesn't do a lot of normal cat things. I think that cat just missed a lot of training from its mom and was not handled well as a kitten. He has a kink in his tail from a break too - never have known if that was an accident or abuse. I seriously wonder about his first seven months.

Those two are like night and day.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2010, 10:07 PM

Just like us, cats are social animals that need to be socialized when they are little. It's sad when they are not and end up unable to relax or bond with others.

Are you sure the kink isn't genetic? I'd heard that Siamese have a kink and cats who have it have some siamese blood. One of my two cats has a kink, although he's all black.

Sorry to hijack this thread!
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 10:26 PM

Odd - my one with the kink is also all black. And nothing at all resembling a Siamese.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2010, 08:42 AM

Is the kink in the last inch or so of the tail? I've heard that's typical of this defect.

My black cat has siamese bone structure and behavior. But nothing of the coloring. In fact, in the right light, his fur shows faint stripes.
    Dysenchanted Posts: 72, Reputation: 34

Sep 8, 2010, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    Good luck to you!! Let us know if things work out.
    Thanks, I will! :) Thank you guys for all your input and help!
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2010, 03:13 PM

The kink's in the middle of the tail, and has a couple of kinks, like it's bent one direction and then back the other way. And you can't see it - I can just feel it when I run my hand down his tail, cause it's pretty minor.

And he's a big cat, dense and sturdy, round face - and all very pure black with only a white patch on his belly. I don't think there's an ounce of Siamese or anything related in him. :)
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Sep 9, 2010, 10:24 PM

Glad the cardboard floor post worked!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Cat Keeps Scratching At Doors? [ 11 Answers ]

My kitten that turned 1 years old on Dec 22 keeps scratching at doors, especially mine at night. (I have 2) I don't mind them sleeping in my room its just when they do finish sleeping before I wake up they play with the wires, scratch at my headboard, play with papers, jump on things, knock things...

Repair: Cat Scratches on Leather Recliner [ 7 Answers ]

I have known that cats and leather furniture have never been a good combination. So for the length of my ownership of my leather recliner, I have had it covered with an old heavy comforter to protect it when not in use. In the two years that I've had it, I haven't had a problem, but a few days...

Cat Scratches Furniture [ 8 Answers ]

My cat a 6 year male keeps scratching our furniture. We've tried "sticky paws" electric pads and mouse traps. We've even had his nails covered with plastic caps but he removes them. What can I do?

Cat Scratches on Recliner [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to remove these claw scratches from the seat & arms of my recliner? What are your best suggestions? Thanks!

Cat scratching [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 year old cat was given revolution 2 days ago. She really didn't have fleas, however I wanted to prevent them, and she had it for heartworm and worms. Today she has been running around silly like something is biting her legs. She tries to hide from it but obviously it follow. Could this crazy...

View more questions Search