Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MJ1995 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2010, 03:24 PM
    Statutory Rape
    So I am dating a guy who turned twenty in June, I turned fifteen in may we have been dating for seven months. My parents found out and they snapped but the thing is we dated once before and they didn't care. They found out that we had sex just recently and they threatened to send him to jail. Now my question is if we both agreed to having sex especially seeing how we are dating is it considered to be statutory rape we both live in Saskatchewan please help me out
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 03:47 PM

"In Canada, the age of consent is 16."

It doesn't matter if you both agreed to have sex.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 04:52 PM

Yes it is rape, at your age, legally you can not give permission.

He can go to prison for many years for this.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 5, 2010, 04:56 PM

As noted, the age of consent is 16, therefore its is statutory rape and consent doesn't enter into it.

But I'm going to go further here. A 20 yr old should know better then the have sex with a 15 yr old. That he ignored the law and the ethics and still took advantage of you tells me he has serious issues. He may, in fact, be a pedophile who gets off on having sex with children. You need to get as far away from him as possible. AND I would urge your parents to prosecute.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statutory rape [ 6 Answers ]

If you have a girlfriend that lives in Alberta canada and she is 16, and you have a son that lives in the US and is 18 and something happends is that considered statutory rape??

Statutory Rape? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone know the laws in Florida? Can a 16 year old girl be charged of statutory rape by the parents of a 14 year old boy? Please help me. This is very important.

Statutory rape. [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Readers, from what i beleive, statutory rape is anyone who is older than Age of Consent, And someone who is younger, i am currently 14 and live in Canada, and my boyfriend has just turned 18. i will soon be 15 ( March ):) and Canadian Age Of Consent Laws Age Is 14.:) does...

Statutory rape [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 19 year old guy who lives in Alberta, Canada & had a sexual intercourse with a 16 year old girl. Can I get charged with statutory rape by her parents? Im not really sure what the age of consent here in Alberta Canada.. please help me

Statutory Rape? [ 3 Answers ]

Would it be considered illegal for me, a 16 year old to be dating and having sex with an 18 year old, in New York?

View more questions Search