Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    decodog Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2010, 02:38 PM
    Any information about an artist (craftsman) name Gertrude Alice kurz, from st louis
    I have a beautiful arts and crafts era leather box which bears her signature.
    karentk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2012, 03:25 PM
    Kurz was bornon Sept. 2, 1893 and died Nov.14, 1951 according to her death certificate. She was a retired teacher. She attended Washington University in St. Louis. Among her teachers were: C.T. Baker, E. Prentis, E. Diehl, H.H. Clark. She was a member of the Boston Society of Arts and Crafts, St.Louis Art Club, Southern States Art League. She is listed in Who Was Who in American Art, Peter Hastings Falk (Editor).
    If possible, I would like to see an example of her work (a jpeg image would be helpful).
    decodog Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2012, 04:37 PM
    I'll try to take photos of the box and post them. It has a paper interior that appears to be hand printed. It's a beautiful little box I'm happy to have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Louis Breton Artist [ 1 Answers ]

I have an original etching by Louis Breton titled "Bridge in Vernon France. Would like to know more about this etching and its possible value.

Information on Artist and more [ 4 Answers ]

Attached painting.

Artist: Louis Ramet [ 1 Answers ]

I have an etching by Louis Ramet of the Paris Etching Society and distributed by Borin Arts Products Corp. of Chicago. Can anyone tell me something about the artist. Does anyone know the value of his work. The etching is entitled "The Yvette near Chevreuse." Thanks for your help. - Margaret

View more questions Search