Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MAMULAN Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 03:08 PM
    How to check Operating Thermostat on a Kenmore Dryer
    Kenmore dryer not heating.
    My dryer has an operating thermostat that has 4 terminals on it. 2 connected to red wires on both ends and 2 on the top with purple wires.
    I checked the terminals with red wires for continuity and it looks good with zero reading.
    Do I test the top terminals as well ? Because I'm getting a bad reading of 8 so does that mean it's a bad thermostat?

Thanks
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Dec 26, 2006, 07:02 PM
    8 Ohms? That's a little high for something that should close all of the way.

Make sure you disconnect the wires from the t-stat, to insure that it doesn't read through the circuit.

If I had to guess, I would say the t-stat is a double pole. Hard to say withoug seeing the wiring diagram.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore HE3 Dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Dryer is getting electricity because the lights come on when a drying selection is pushed. The drum will not turn. When I press the start button, I hear a clicking sound and nothing happens after that! What's up with this?

Kenmore dryer [ 4 Answers ]

My dryer go on but there's no heat I just had it fix for the same problem. I was told it had a breaker that may turn heat back on. HELP I don't know where it is. Thank you.

Kenmore Dryer problems [ 5 Answers ]

Just recently our Kenmore elec. dryer started leaving stains on our clothing. The stains look like the little guy that lives in the dryer and steals socks takes a grease pencil and makes little marks that are from a half inch to 3 inches long. There is usually only one mark on each garment and...

Kenmore elite Dryer - [ 3 Answers ]

My kenmore dryer starts the drying cycle then after about 2 - 5 minutes shuts off. It will restart after about 30 minutes. I have checked the thermal cut offs hi limit thermostats, etc. Any suggestions?

Kenmore Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My dryer runs. But, there is no heat. Is that an easy fix?

View more questions Search