Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pdmoore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2010, 01:43 PM
    Grants available for the disabled
    I have been disabled for approx 9 years. Last year went through a divorce and rec'd no allimony so I obviously have a very low income right now. I also desperately need hearing aids but cannot afford the $4000.00 price tags. I am at a point where I cannot pay my bills each month, and usually have to charge several of them, which has put another financial hardship. I am in desperate fear of losing my home and barely afforded my house payment this month.
    My questions is what grants or financial aid I may be eligible for.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 4, 2010, 02:16 PM

Assuming you are in the US have you applied for welfare ?
    Social services also may have places for assistance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grants for disabled women [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. Do you know if there are government grants available for disabled women? My niece is confined to a wheelchair and will never be able to walk again. She needs help with in home care, transportation, housing, etc. I have searched the web until I can't see straight, and have yet to find...

Charities or grants for disabled [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, I am wondering if there are any charities or grants or anything for extremely low-income developmentally disabled people? This is reagarding Washington state. Thank you.

Grants for disabled homeimprovement [ 1 Answers ]

I need to build ramps to access my mobile home and need a grant to buy supplies who do i contact

Disabled grants [ 3 Answers ]

My friend is disabled and she needs help in finding a grant to repair several things in her home due to a flood from a year or two ago, But the main concern is the septic system has backed up and has caused a sink hole in her yard and it smells horrible. Since this has happened I believe it has...

Grants for the Disabled. [ 19 Answers ]

Are there any grants available for disabled women? I have a friend who receives SSI. She's a paraplegic. Goes to school. But needs more money to live. Are there any grants available to someone in her situation?

View more questions Search