Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 01:02 PM

Well their advice may be well meaning but it sucks! Don't listen to it. This is a dead issue to be visited no more.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2010, 01:17 PM

He is probably married or in a relationship. It's very foolish to want to pursue someone you've never seen and who is making it clear he isn't interested.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tara1 View Post
    Re: Cat [There is no relationship here. You have not been in a relationship with this person. Why would you keep even fleeting contact with a person who has shown himself to be all about him?...Is the friend who says keep in touch the one who set you up? ]

No, the advice came from a different friend(s).
    Tara, why did you edit this post to take out the part about not contacting him?
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2010, 02:35 PM

Tara you need new friends and you need to heed the advice you have been given.

Your "friend" has no business hooking you up with anyone.
    She's never met this guy has she?
    tara1 Posts: 43, Reputation: 8

Sep 5, 2010, 02:53 PM
    Re: KitKat :: The friend who introduced me is a long time buddy of this guy, they know each other very well, and have the same friend circle. Though in different places right now. The guy is not married.

Re: Cat:: Oh Cat! :-) I did remove it. This person's birthday is coming up and when I remembered it I thought I would be perhaps writing again to wish him. Does that mean I am not following the advice? I am following the advice, and my own good sense says the same.

More on the post introduction: I had asked our mutual friend to send me his pictures, once he had introduced us and he did. More recently, I called the mutual friend to let him know that I did speak to his friend. It turns out that this guy emailed my friend jokingly saying something on these lines--

[first] why did you send her my pictures. next time she asks about me, tell her to "directly deal with me".
    [second] I have invited her and told her else we speak after a few months. right now "i am completely ignoring her".
    [third] he also said -- I am too 'simple' and not his type of a girl!

Anyway, given all this I think I should keep off from even knowing him more, but I would be tempted to send him birthday wishes, so am not lying here.
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2010, 02:57 PM

How old are you and how old is this guy? No do not send him a message for his birthday.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 03:05 PM
    Anyways, given all this I think I should keep off from even knowing him more, but I would be tempted to send him birthday wishes, so am not lying here.
    It is always a good idea to know your own weaknesses and temptations.

Delete any contact information you have for him that way you won't be as tempted to contact him when he has made it clear to you and the mutual friend he has no interest in you.

On a side note: when you edit your post please make a note that it was edited especially when a paragraph is taken out.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 03:58 PM

The man is not interested in you and he sounds like a pig.
    Why would you even consider sending him a birthday greeting? Are you that desperate?

Sep 5, 2010, 04:33 PM
    Re: Homegirl:: [Are you that desperate?]
    Sincerely, I am not. I have many other options as well. However, he sounded very nice and was straightforward with me / honest. We have a good common friend, and some such other reasons. Its difficult to lay out the whole conversation here so may be I am little off in my representation of the situation. As a person, I found him wise and balanced as well.

But I agree with you he is not interested in me and I am not going to call him anymore. I just wanted to share it on the board because I was little puzzled initially. As I write/discuss it here it is more clear that he is not interested so in me so'what am I doing?' Thanks everyone for their inputs.
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2010, 04:35 PM
    Re: Homegirl:: [Are you that desperate?]
    Sincerely, I am not. I have many other options as well. However, he sounded very nice and was straightforward with me / honest. We have a good common friend, and some such other reasons. Its difficult to lay out the whole conversation here so may be I am little off in my representation of the situation. As a person, I found him wise and balanced as well.

But I agree with you he is not interested in me and I am not going to call him anymore. I just wanted to share it on the board because I was little puzzled initially. As I write/discuss it here it is more clear that he is not interested so in me so'what am I doing?' Thanks everyone for their inputs.

Good for you! Date guys you know. Good Luck:)

Sep 5, 2010, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Thats a lot of false hope you have for a guy who doesn't have the time to even talk and get to know you.
    Makes so much sense now :)

Thanks everyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I recently broke things off w/serious boyfriend, getting married & now w/"PSYCHO" [ 15 Answers ]

This was a fantastic relationship, lots of smiles but in reality... "major drainage" from teenage crisis & his life completely drained two happy loving adults to nothing. The younger of the girls is sneaking out, manipulating, lying and whatever it takes to go to "Rave" clubs, doing drugs "X",...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Company Introduction Letter "A good One" [ 3 Answers ]

Hey Guys, First I want to congratulate you about this wonderful site, and I don't know if it is possible to create for me a professional company letter. I have a company which I want to expand it to the Gulf areas and I need a stronge company introduction letter which I can attract Clients,...

View more questions Search