Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2010, 09:23 AM
    Health issues.
    It started about two months ago. Waking up from sleep gasping for air and blood pressure and pulse rate would be high.

Lost almost 20 pounds...

Also the past week these episodes of shortness of breath and racing heart has been happening more frequently.

Today I was at work. Was not doing anything strenuous and felt my heart racing so I checked my pulse and it got up to 214 another time 185.

I hesitate going to the doctor or this hospital because I have been there several times before and they never really take it series enough even though I know something is off.

Or investigate it a lot further. These episodes are becoming very frequent and more consistent.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2010, 10:10 AM

Ask your doctor for a referral if you need one to a cardiologist. They will do some testing and likely have you wear a holter monitor. There are too many possible reasons, some fairly "benign" such as anxiety attacks, although extremely frightening... others obviously involving your heart.

Go to the doctors... tell them you do not think they are taking this seriously enough and get a referral, or contact a cardiologist yourself and make an appointment to be seen soon.

If it happens again before you can see a doctor, go to the ER and explain the history to them.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2010, 06:44 AM

For four months everything has been brushed off and anxiety used as a diagnose although I knew something else was going on. Wished they took me seriously 4 months ago.

Stress test did show abnormal ECG so they are doing further tests to see what is going on.

Was told that if I was 70 years old they would not be concerned about the results but since I am 34 these readings are a concern.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unsure of mental health issues [ 5 Answers ]

I have had a lot going on in my life especially in the past year for e.g. wasn't with my partner when I was preganant he was with some one else engaged so I moved away before I knew back to a place with familly that I didn't want to be. I have had on going stress through out my life but I think...

Religion and mental health issues [ 2 Answers ]

Could someone help please, I have known my neighbour for a couple of years, she lives on her own and has no one, her family has disowned her, she is classed as a nutcase and does very strange things like call on complete strangers asking for compassion and telling everyone that God is punishing her...

Dog Health issues [ 2 Answers ]

My 12 year male daschund has been bleeding from his penis. He doesn't seem to have any issues with urinating. Should I be concerned?

Health Issues [ 2 Answers ]

What do you think are some of the most pressing health issues facing teens today?

Probation terms and health issues [ 6 Answers ]

I've been on probation for about a year and a half now. I was arrested approximately two years ago for possession of psilocybin (Schedule 1 drug) for which I was charged with a Class A misdemeanor. I was a college student at the time and had never been in trouble, or even to the principles office...

View more questions Search