Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JRPM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 01:54 PM
    Post Menapausal wife can't orgasm
    I use to get my wife to ogasm but since menapause, she just can't get it up. Is this medical or psychological?
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Dec 27, 2006, 02:14 PM
    This is a condition (social and psycogenic) that requires psychological help, but may also have it's relation to medical. Therefore, you should consult with your Physician, first and if a referral is needed, he/she will do so.

Even if she enjoy sex, her response may be stifled or inhibited, causing her to inflict upon her partner, eroding their relationship, casting doubt upon his masculinity, and not infrequently reducing him to impotence. This equals the harm she inflict upon herself (anxiety, deep frustration, resentments).

Hope this answers your question!

REFERENCE(S)

1. OralCaress.com, 2006. FEMALE SEXUALITY AND FEMALE ORGASMS
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 27, 2006, 02:19 PM
    Easier said is that once a woman reaches the age of menopause she gets less lubricated so intercourse may become painful. This is one of the medical reasons.

One of the psychological reasons may be that she is past childbearing age, and it is psychological in nature in that many women tend to feel less "womanly" when they can no longer have children.

I agree with the advice above in that she should see her regular physican and possibly get a referral to a counselor if needed.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2006, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JRPM
    I use to get my wife to ogasm but since menapause, she just can't get it up. Is this medical or psychological?
    Could be either, could be both. Has she talked to her doctor about it? Does she even care? It may matter more to you than it does to her.

My wife seems relieved not to be bothered by sex any more. She's doesn't care, and I'm not able, so we're perfectly matched, it seems. I still miss it though.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 27, 2006, 04:58 PM
    Whatever the problem there are other ways of showing love you know, so while your trying to figure out what's going on do the other things like breakfast in bed or such so she knows you care no matter what.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't have an orgasm [ 6 Answers ]

Ive never had an orgasm during sex. When I first stared having sex I didn't think anything of it because I was new at everything. Im a few years older now and a little more experienced. Ive only been with 3 people but the guy I'm with now I have been with for a while and we've been sexually active...

Does She Orgasm? [ 34 Answers ]

We aren't open when talking about sex. She never says mum during. Oh, maybe an occasional low hmmmm during. We both know I reach a climax, but I don't know if she does or even has. How do I approach her on this subject? What should I ask her? Like I said, she's not open about these sexual matters...

Why can't I orgasm? [ 2 Answers ]

:( I have being sexually active for less than a year and I really get into it but I never seem to feel much after a few minutes. The time that makes me every bad is that I feel pleasure for a few seconds but it goes away. This has happen to me a lot and I what to know why it happens me that I can...

Orgasm [ 11 Answers ]

Hey can girlz make there orgadm last longer? If so how?

To get an orgasm [ 24 Answers ]

I have been reading up about it a lot because if you have read my other question I haven't been able to get an orgasm for 5 months of being sexually active with my boyfriend. Now the question. Does masturbating actually work? Or is buying a vibrator a way to go? Or am I just giving up to quick?...

View more questions Search